lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
casetractordude
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy electric club car wiring different than diagrams

got a 36v club car electric, different wiring diagrams than what I found on here. I think that someone wired it wrong when fixing it. I believe it is in the potentiometer. what color is supposed to go to what. Is there supposed to be a hot wire going to the potentiometer then that feeds the solonoids or is it a grounding system where the other exciting post is supposed to be hot other than ground. Or is it a double hot and case grounded. I noticed that the charge wires were hooked up incorrectly, so it wouldn't supprise me that something elose was wrong.

Right now one wire goes from ground to the switch, comes back to the micro switch on the F&R lever, goes to the potentiometer, then of course a rainbow comes out of the potentiometer box to the back-up buzzer, and the solonoids. I have tried to hook that wire that goes to the switch to the positive side, and with the F&R in forward, you push the pedal and the soloid clicks and starts going in reverse. so the solonoids do work and the motor works. this thing has been nothing but a headache and money eater, new batterys and wires etc. The Charger burnt up from being hooked up wrong to the cart.
casetractordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: electric club car wiring different than diagrams

post entire serial number here along with the battery area and parts.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

PS: go here and look at the 95/96 wiring systems http://www.wellingtongolfcars.com/scheme.php
Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
casetractordude
Not Yet Wild

those other diagrams on wellington website don't match either. I will get ser # for you. THis one does,'t have a computer or controller. It does have multi solonoids hooked to the resistor coils. different color wires comming from potentiometer and going to solonoids. I think potmeter is not hooked up correctly to power or something.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
casetractordude
Not Yet Wild

HEY!!! update one of them was the correct wiring diagram and I didn't know it at first. Found the problem thanks for the help, The previous owners really had it screwed up, no wonder it didn't run and burn't up the charger.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

No problem, Pay it forward and help the next guy :))
Old 05-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just for future reference I don't think this cart had a Potentiometer or a v-glide..... Sounds to me like a 5 solenoid cart with a box of microswitches and coils and solenoids for a speed control system. Correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
casetractordude
Not Yet Wild

yep, you are right, instead of potentometer, it was microswitches and solonoids.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car