lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default 2003 48v ds

I picked up a running 2003 48V DS that had four 12V marine batteries installed. I removed the 12V batteries and installed six 8V batteries. The cart was running good. I then went to clean up some of the wiring. The previous owner had placed a jumper wire to the negative side of the charging port and to the negative side of the battery pack. This was the previous owners way of bypassing the OBC. The cart came with a fully automatic battery charger. I done the OBC bypass and removed the OBC. I ran a new 4 gauge wire from the battery pack negative to where the wire attached that was going through the OBC. I then ran a wire from the battery pack negative to the yellow wire on the detached plug from the OBC. I placed a jumper wire from the white and blue wire. The cart is dead. I have 50.7 volts on the hot side of my solenoid and 48.9 on the other without the pedal being pressed. Is my solenoid stuck and the controller is reading this and not allowing the cart to move. The only thing I can add to the puzzle is that I had the cart placed in tow mode when I was removing the negative battery leads to start the OBC bypass. I removed the nut and as I was removing the wires I got a little spark, which I thought was a little odd. Thanks for any help on where to start.
Warden902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
Warden902
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2003 48v ds

I guess I have a pre charge resistor rather than a solenoid.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden902 View Post
I then ran a wire from the battery pack negative to the yellow wire on the detached plug from the OBC.
I don not believe this is part of the bypass process for a SEPEX cart, just connecting the Blue and White. That yellow wire appears to connect to the micro switch in the MCOR. Hope you haven't damaged anything.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #4
Warden902
Getting Wild

Thanks for the reply. I hope I have not damaged anything either.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:00 PM   #5
Warden902
Getting Wild

I read to my eyes crossed before I done the bypass. I found conflicting information. I sure hope I didn’t mess something up. I tried disconnecting the yellow wire from the battery pack but had no change. I sure hope someone can steer me in the right direction. Should I have power on both sides of the precharge resistor also?
Old 01-22-2022, 07:34 PM   #6
Warden902
Getting Wild

Any help will greatly appreciated. I installed everything back the way it was before I done the removal and I am still dead. How do I check my controller to see if I damaged it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car