lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
Bigboy3l
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 ezgo rxv brake pedal assembly sensors and brake lights

Hi all,
We just got a "new" to us lifted 2007 ezgo rxv.
And I am trying to figure out why the brake lights do not work when pressing the brake pedal.

The cart has head led head lights and taillights that work when the switch is in the on position.

Took off all the flooring to climb brake pedal and any switches arround it. I see two switches one on the base of pedal that rotates and one on the left side that is depressed by pedal after quite a bit of travel.
Are any of these 2 the break light switch?

The cart has an electric brake.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Bigboy3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 ezgo rxv brake pedal assembly sensors and brake lights

Those are not the brake lights. On a Factory light kit, the brake lights are activated by the motor controller, when it detects the brake pedal has been pressed. All factory installed light kits included brake lamp functionality, but many aftermarket ones dont.

Post a pic of the lights (front & rear), and a pic of your headlight switch, I'll be able to tell if they are factory, or not.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
Bigboy3l
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info.
I took pics but it wont let me post in a reply until I have been a member for 7 days.
I placed them in a public album under my username on here. If you don't mind taking a look under there.
Much appreciated
Old 05-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My 2010 RXV originally had an aftermarket LED light kit that did not include a brake light switch. I thought it was odd because the tail lights did have brake light capability.

I changed that kit out and installed the Madjax Ultimate light kit that has brake lights, DRLs, turn signals, flashers and Hi/Lo beam headlights and horn. That kit included a micro-switch that mounts to the left side of the brake pedal in the pedal well.

As said above, your kit may not have had brake lights to begin with.

Some manufacturers offer an upgrade kit to add brake lights and turn signals to the basic harness.

I doubt your lights are factory as I don't believe LEDs were typical in 2007.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #5
Adjake
Not Yet Wild

You can add brake lights via 24v relay if you light harness is prewired for brake lights.
Adjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"I doubt your lights are factory as I don't believe LEDs were typical in 2007."

I somehow missed the LED part. Definitely not factory lights, to this day, factory installed lights dont come in LED flavor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #7
Bigboy3l
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I did some more tinkering...the rear lights have 3 wires connected to them red white and black. The right after the rear light connector red and black are tied together and connect to a red wire that runs forward. The white wire is connected to a black wire. The black wire appears to be the hot wire wire as it reads 12 volt.

I separated the red and black wires and if red is connected to the red wire going forward the rear lights are very bright. If black is connected to the red wire going forward the rear lights are dim as running lights. So these lights might be capable of being used as running and brake lights.

I ordered the 24 volt relay for ezgo and connected to the purple and red wires under cup holder. One wire to 12 volt and tried one wire to the red wire and black wire of light, but no go.
I used the relay diagram from a cgtech post. Any suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO