lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
rpr
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for Newer Gas Cart! Why Yamaha?

I am in the market for a newer gas cart (2006+). I will be using it to get my wife and I from the house down the neighborhood street to a long path through the woods to our community boat dock. As with everything else I research and buy, I want it to be capable of doing more than I need it to right now so there is room to "grow into it". I definitely want it lifted with fairly aggressive tires, but nothing extreme. I am fairly certain I want a gas cart for the extra HP and overall additional capability of a gas cart as compared to a electric cart.

The Yami's look great, but I really can't find a good site that compares the pros/cons of the various different manufacturers products. What are the pros/cons of a Yami over EZGo and the other ones out there?

Thanks!
rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for Newer Gas Cart! Why Yamaha?

Depends on where you live and what dealer you want to work with. Yami's are good carts, but there are more parts available for EZGO and Club Car.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Parts are there for all the carts!! The only thing I would say is that the Yami's are a little tippy with a rear seat. Ive been around carts for 20 some years now and the all run the same, and they all have there pros and cons. The E-GOS little cold blooded, Club Car has a problem with their starter generators, and most of the Yami's have a problem burning out the rear clutch!! For what you are going to use it for I wouldnt be afraid to buy any of the big 3!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Radical is right ...... any of the big 3 is gonna give you what you are looking for with capabilities to grow. The difference between them may be in the service available in your area. Go find your local dealer and ask your local cart repair shop. You don't want to have a broken down Orange when the repair guy only works on Apples
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

In 1986 we bought a new boat with a 50hp Yamaha outboard motor--Loved it. A few years ago I bought a Yamaha 2400 generator for the RV--Love it. So when I got the "golf cart fever" it made sense to me that I should buy a Yamaha. Love it too.

Dave.......
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have owned some of all three I like Ezgo the best
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Yamahas have the best engine & you can get more speed out of it

Ez-go are ok but tend to wear out fast & ride stiff

club car as the best ride but slow engine aluminum frame that cracks behind the front spring

you can get parts for all 3 of them but you dont want a cart you need to replace parts

my 2 cents
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

HAs Yamaha put a grease fitting in the king pins yet? Talk about planned obsolescence? Most the older ones have shot front ends. And CC rides like a rock with that leaf spring front end like a Model T
Just kidding.......not really.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
rpr
Not Yet Wild

Great info guys. I'm moving to Gainesville, GA on Lake Lanier so carts are popular in the area and there are dealers for all of the Big 3.

Am I correct in that electric is primarily for ease of maintenance if you dont need a lot of power, and gas is for those who want the extra power/torque?

Any issues with the new ethanol formulated gasolines wreaking havoc on carts where the gas sits for a while (nightmare for the marine industry)?
rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That ethanol issue was only in the older rubber parts but yeah the alcohol does evaporate fast leaving a heavy mix, Prolly just best to drain them if they have to sit for 6 months. I use 'stabil' in my summer equipment every fall.
Actually gas needs less maintenance than electric.... and offers more power and range and well you see?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha