lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
robert83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 Precedent Upgrade TahoeDawgZ71 question

Question for TahoeDawgZ71

2011 Precedent upgrade questions. Serial number PH1140-236128

Friend of a friend owns an EZ go dealership in DFW, so they are going to help me install all of the following. I just want to make sure I order all of the correct parts and wiring harness.

I have a PQ Bandit motor on order: Matt from PQ told me I would be fine with the stock controller, so going with that.

Also have 48v to 12v reducer and battery meter on order from ScottyB.

Want to add LED headlight and taillights, basically running lights. Also add a horn and 12v aux plug. Don't really need turn signals and or brake lights.

I have read/searched and confused myself between all of the site sponsors and basically looking for a "laundry list" of led headlight, led taillights, horn and 12v aux plug, plus any extra wiring or wiring harness needed to make all of this work. If it is a kit that is great or willing to order separate parts as well.

I have able bodied and willing folks to teach and help me install, but do not want to waste their time by forgetting something.

Thank you for your help.

Robert
robert83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Upgrade TahoeDawgZ71 question

I've never seen an LED headlight for a Precedent, so I'm not going to be much help with that. However, 12 volts is 12 volts. If you get a regular light wiring harness for a Precedent, it'll power an LED light just as easily as it will power two regular incandescent light bulbs. I would look around and see what I could find as far as light kits are concerned, but you're probably not going to be able to find one that doesn't include the regular light bumper with standard bulbs... Maybe you could just swap the bulbs for some 886 equivalent LED bulbs? I see no reason why not. I'd try and go that route. As for the powertrain is concerned, if you're dealing with PQ then my input is not needed. They will treat you right and tell you exactly what you need. Let me know if you need any help with the light install.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I found one! The very next thread after this one has a link to exactly what you need..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Car-Pre...p:=&rmvSB=true
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
robert83
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the advice and link.

I have ordered the Tecscan Liteseasy kit and will install next week. I will post how it went.

Robert
robert83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car