lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #121
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Precedent IQ

On vacation don't have much to work with. Controller has factory program, has not been changed since installed.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #122
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Reset OBC today, thought that might get the solenoid to pull in but no luck. Will pull center batteries tomorrow and put batt + cable on output side of solenoid and let controller control power through motor.
Should I have any concern with operating the cart like this until I return home?
Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #123
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebit View Post
Reset OBC today, thought that might get the solenoid to pull in but no luck. Will pull center batteries tomorrow and put batt + cable on output side of solenoid and let controller control power through motor.
Should I have any concern with operating the cart like this until I return home?
Yea, if anything goes wrong you need a way to disconnect it during a runaway condition. So this could be dangerous, I would not recommend it. JMO!
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #124
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was able to use my cart for the rest of my trip after jumping the solenoid

Great call on the voltage leak through the resistor Sergio it was just enough power to move the cart a few feet at easy throttle before it would stop

I started checking out the problem today and discovered the solenoid was bad This was a new 200 amp HD solenoid recommended by a vendor and installed in January. When I read the pamphlet that came with the Alltrax 500 IQ controller recommending a 400 amp solenoid I was concerned but had already spent the money for the 200 amp solenoid, had it in hand so I used it anyway

I tried to find a sponsor on the east coast today to buy a new solenoid from but could not find a better deal than Scottyb's on the left coast His included the diode and resistor (that I had to buy extra after receiving my first solenoid) and the shipping charge was less than the shipping charge from Fla.

Waiting on parts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car