lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #11
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Jump off and push...

Someone wrote in sharpie "caution wound up" on the spring clip side. It was tight...I used the arm/drill press as leverage to compress it. Is it twisted to preload?
So then if that clutch is fine should I check the front clutch? New carb on there now...maybe re-jet? Front clutch with belt off (belt is 1 1/8"...new one from ezgo is too) as motor spins...gets going..then jumps/bangs as it closes...not very smoothly, but no tension on it either.
I appreciate all the help.
RedRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #12
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

I wonder if they over wound the secondary
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #13
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

Been working ok as long as I've had it. Only change I made this year was the carb off amazon. Possible fuel feed issue? All lines are new...fuel pump cleaned...filter new. I had to buy a new carb due to needle valve problem filling crank case with gas and over filling it.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #14
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Yes spring is wound 1 ramp tighter to increase tension of spring and allow proper back shift. How loose is the drive belt? if you grab it between the pulleys how close can you get it to touching? Also you mention a smell, not gas or oil. Perhaps the muffler is restricted?
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

Didnt think of muffler...belt loose enough to take off one handed rolling driven clutch in "neutral". Ordered a new belt and slides yesterday from CPP.
Any thoughts on rejetting carb or lubeing sliding parts on clutch? Thanks again
Old 05-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #16
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

So...clutch is good. Put new parts in, but still running like crap. Changed the carb main jet to an 88...to the naked eye it looked the same as the one I took out. Cart still seems loaded up and doesn't really want to get up and go. I get gunk out of the muffler on the garage floor when I start it and rev it up in neutral. I can't seem to get high revs like I used to. Spark plugs? I'm at a loss right now.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #17
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

I put old carb back on as a test...I can't keep it due to leaking needle valve. Runs the same...like crap. I forgot I had taken the fuel pump apart and cleaned when I changed all the lines. Maybe I screwed something up? The fuel comes out a little more than a trickle. How much pressure should it have?
Brakes aren't dragging...trans is smooth...no idea where to go next.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #18
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

Muffler is good...only weighs .2 lbs more than ezgo says it should. Ordered a new fuel pump to try since they aren't expensive. Seems like we are all out of ideas. I hate to bring it somewhere...cuz I'm sure it's something simple. Ideas anyone? Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #19
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Fuel should be spurting/pulsing out with a good amount of volume if you take the line off at the carb. If it is just trickling out, then you possibly have a fuel supply issue. Just as an afterthought, how much oil is in it? Is it lifted? If it is lifted, then you have to drain the oil and refill with exactly 1.5 qts of oil. The dipstick will be wrong so you have to scribe the new "FULL" mark on it. I say that because we have seen folks overfill a lifted cart and get oil in the crankcase pulse line going to the fuel pump. This will cause the pump not to function correctly. If you pull the pulse line off the pump and oil comes out, that is your issue.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:53 PM   #20
RedRooster
Not Yet Wild

Thanks cowboy...I have no pulsing or what I would consider a good enough amount.
It is lifted...I just changed the oil about 4-5 weeks ago when I put the new carb on it. I had a leaky needle valve and it put about 10oz of gas in the oil...noticed it when it got sucked in the carb. Airbox has been dry since. I did fill with the 1.5qts. I will check the pulse line when I get home. I did pull the pulse line last week, but from the fuel pump...it was dry. Could it be just enough to F up the pulse, but not enough to go into the airbox? Can I lift one side of the cart to make sure I get all the oil out before a refill in case im a little over? Thanks, I appreciate the help.

and If its something that simple I will have to kick my own @$$...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO