lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
CamperDad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry 2PG EZ-GO No Spark

Hello All,
Brand new here, if this is in the wrong place> Please give me a mulligan!
Have a 1980 2PG that I rebuilt, took photos prior to tear down. Put all back as per photos and have no spark now. power to coil, power to points. saw the hei conversion but don't understand if that gets rid of the points and condensor as they are discontinued. I have great compression and fuel flow, New plug, wire, coil, piston, crankseals and bearings. Everything is sparkling clean including all grounding areas.
Any help would be most appreciated!!!
CamperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2PG EZ-GO No Spark

The guy that started this thread might be able to help you. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...i-break-2.html

He thought it was an 88, but turned out to be a 79 with points. I see in one of his posts that he adjusted them.

The hei has been done still using the points as a trigger. I have also heard about a NOVA module that replaces the points.

I'm not up on either one of them. The last time I messed with points is when I was setting the internal timing on a magneto for an 18 cylinder radial engine back in 1983.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO