lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2002 ds just seems to quit.

I bought this 2002 ds iq. I put a speed magnet in. Before magnet it ran about 13.6 miles per hour. It now goes about 14 MPH. If I am going down hill it seems to stop accelerating at 14 MPH. Uphill the same. Motor seems to just stop running. It is a sepex system. GE motor. Brakes do not seem to be hanging. I put a wire tie at the accelerator and it seems to activate right after I step on it now. . THere are 6 8vlt batteries that seem to register about 8.5vlt after charge and rest. Where do I start? I have a 97 DS series that I drive around the neighborhood that when going down the hills here hits over 25 MPH. This cart won't go over or under 14 where ever I drive it.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 ds just seems to quit.

It does not seem like the magnet is a speed magnet. Is the speed sensor test doing like it should?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 ds just seems to quit.

cart beeps in slow roll. I was thinking speed sensor to because as I was pulling it off some of the black rubber of the cap where it encapsulates the rubber tore back and was worried I damaged it.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car