lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
1sharphook

Default High torque motor options for stock non-lifted Precedent

Hello,

I am researching motor upgrades for my stock non lifted 2011 PQ prefix serial number Precedent. I see that this D & D Motor - 170-502-0002 (502:2) will not fit according to the application comments on their website. Apparently it's too long and will hit the frame rail or shock mount.

Can I expect similar fitment issues with the the Admiral A4?

If so, what are my options? I wish to retain regen for moderate hills and do not want to lift my cart.

Thanks,

Rob
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #2
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High torque motor options for stock non-lifted Precedent

Contact Plum Quick. Tell them what you have. I've had a Plum Quick Bandit for 2 years. 24 to 25 MPH with everything else stock. 2010 Precedent with Excel controller. My results

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-update-l.html
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
Contact Plum Quick. Tell them what you have. I've had a Plum Quick Bandit for 2 years. 24 to 25 MPH with everything else stock. 2010 Precedent with Excel controller. My results

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-update-l.html
Thanks but I don't have an Excel cart, did not see anything of interest on their website regarding torque motors, don't want to lose my regen, and I don't need to go 24 MPH.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
Thanks but I don't have an Excel cart, did not see anything of interest on their website regarding torque motors, don't want to lose my regen, and I don't need to go 24 MPH.
Motor wise it don't much matter as both the IQ and Excel carts use the very same motors... As to nothing of interest on their website? Perhaps this is why you were told to make "contact" with PQ and talk with them as they can do a lot more than what is on their site when they are given your specific requirements.... But to be truthful if your demanding HIGH TORQUE one of the best ways to obtain this is going to be with big cables, big solenoid, big controller and perhaps a big motor... Torque requires AMPS and your not gonna get there with a stock 250 amp controller and wimpy cables....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Admiral A4 is not going to allow you to retain your regen, nor will it operate on a factory controller. If you're wanting torque, but want to keep your regen, get a different controller. The Alltrax XCT 400 controller will work with your factory motor with a simple cable and solenoid upgrade with tons of torque.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
1sharphook

David thanks for the no go confirmation on the Admiral A4.

My controller, solenoid, and cables will be upgraded. I just felt like I could not make a decision on them until I had a motor choice made.

I don't have any rosy feelings about the long term reliability running my stock motor up moderate hills with the XCT 400. I can't comprehend how it will not simply overheat under these conditions...especially if I have passengers.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I talked with Rick at Plum Quick last week and he has a brand new Hi Torque motor for $680 with no core as it is new motor. A little more torque than what I need but he said lots of torque and a little speed. They build and have killer Motor's !
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

I'm running a stock motor with the xct 500 and HD solenoid and I've had zero issues with my motor over heating and I always have a full cart. My wife, 3 kids love, and I ride almost every day and love it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #9
MillwrightMike
Getting Wild

That's doing a lot of off-road trail riding as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MillwrightMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car