lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #21
mgarton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Another hunting cart build

Made some progress this weekend. Got the lift installed and got started installing all the electronics.

Scotty, can you tell me where the large fuse goes? There is a reference to it in the controller manual, but it's pretty vague.

Should have everything wired up by this time next week. Fingers crossed that it's all going to work!

One more question... After installing the lift, I noticed there are no brackets for the brake cables now. What are the options for hooking the brakes back up? Modify the old brackets to work? Is there an off the shelf option?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161001_183503900.jpg (279.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161002_184606231.jpg (209.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161002_184549970.jpg (108.5 KB, 0 views)
mgarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #22
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are already getting great advice from TDawg and Scotty! I'll only add a couple things from the hunting cart perspective:
1) If not too late, don't get crazy on the body repair appearance. The camo wrap will cover it nicely.
2) Get a fuse box for adding accessories. Have the reducer go to the fuse box and then link everything else from the box. My lights, stereo, etc, connect very easily with clips.
3) Add running lights from Walmart. Then replace the bulbs with green LEDs. This make for a low light profile when heading to and from your tree stand in the dark.
4) I used Rustoleum truck bed liner spray paint for my roof. It's a flat black look and holds up well against brushes with branches, etc. For a buddy, we did this on his metal trim too.
5) A back flip seat has been an awesome addition. The foot platform has been awesome for hauling the deer back to camp and the flipped down cargo bed has been great for hauling corn and other gear to the field. I built a wood side-wall box that I slip on top of the bed. Now I can carry that much more gear out to the woods.
6) Just to put a "bow tie" on it, drill some extra antler to the front bumper. LOL

Post pics when you're done. Love to see them.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #23
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was looking closer to your battery cables and something doesn't look quite right. There should be a lead from the first and last battery in the pack. Your's may just be wired opposite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club-Car-DS-Model-48-volt-Battery-Pack-Golf-Carts.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeah, switch the batteries around so they match the install diagram posted. I like to put the fuse between the main (-) cable end and the controller B- terminal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Great work! I love the look of a lifted cart.

I have attached a pic of how I have my batteries wired. It allows for minimal wire and the wires don't cross over the fill holes.

Also, have you seen this thread regarding the rear lift? http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...stall-way.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batt diagram.jpg (56.5 KB, 0 views)
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #26
mgarton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Great work! I love the look of a lifted cart.

I have attached a pic of how I have my batteries wired. It allows for minimal wire and the wires don't cross over the fill holes.

Also, have you seen this thread regarding the rear lift? http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...stall-way.html
I think you're all right, I have it opposite of this. I'll fix that tonight.

That link is very helpful, thanks!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #27
mgarton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yeah, switch the batteries around so they match the install diagram posted. I like to put the fuse between the main (-) cable end and the controller B- terminal.
Ok so just in-line with a bolt? I'm trying to picture this in my head...
Old 10-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #28
1sharphook

From Alltrax website:

fuse2.jpg
Old 10-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #29
mgarton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
From Alltrax website:

Attachment 142473
Perfect, thank you!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #30
mgarton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well she's alive now!

After consulting with Scotty several times and a lot of cursing, I finally got the wiring correct. It barked the tires when I gave it about half throttle, so I think it's going to have plenty of power.

Now it's on to the brakes and body. Tons of little things left to do as well. Thanks to everyone for their help to this point, and special thanks to Scotty. I owe you a beer or three
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car