lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS upgrade

Charging - I had to swap the #1 battery around for the receptacle lead with it's thermo-sensor to reach if I wanted it to work - not an ideal pack config. but we make little sacrifices and make things work. Speaking of making things work, the 6/6v battery hold down was cut in 3 pieces. The center 3 inches was tossed out and the 2 end pieces turned 90º and installed with new OEM bolts to hold the pack in place during anticipated extreme acceleration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.8.jpg (43.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Here is the planned electronics, XCT48400PDS control, SW180 200a HD Solenoid, 4g cable upgrade, 48v.

Alltrax makes an "flex mount' install adapter for Ezgo. I don't know why they make it. The control bolts in every controller cart Ezgo ever made. Marathon to TXT48.
I won't use the mount adapter - I will use 4 1/4x20x1.25" bolts and the holes provided in the OEM heat sink.

The SW180 HD solenoid with magnetic breakouts is polarity sensitive. Make sure to align the + end of the diode with the + side of the solenoid coil as marked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.0.jpg (41.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.1.jpg (41.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.3.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A few wire ends need to be changed. Large Ring terminals provided for F1 and F2 wires. The solenoid coil wires take standard 1/4" spade connectors which everybody has in their level 2 toolbox

This is easily done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.4.jpg (49.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.5.jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.44.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.55.jpg (40.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bolt the high amp cables to bottom terminals. I like to work my way from bottom to top as the bottom stuff gets harder to access later in the install... you will see.

This is the FNKS shift on the fly or 'personality module' Plug it in now or curse yourself later if you are installing it at this time. If installing later bend the wires 90º at the plug and use a long small screw driver to plug it in once you fished it in. But right now it is easy to reach the new FN port which has been added to the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.0.jpg (37.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.1.jpg (36.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.2.jpg (38.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.3.jpg (40.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Speaking of easy - Note the Run/Tow switch wires poke stright out the side of the toggle switch. There is no room for this array, these wires need to be swung around 90º as shown. Simply loosen a screw while turning the wire. You will find when the crew is loose enough but not off the switch the wire can turn and you can tighten the screw with dropping it and searching under the work bench for it.... All 4 screws need to be rotated to the new position making it so the switch will fit in a narrower spot provided on the new solenoid bracket.

You may want to put the switch on before the solenoid. I can tell you you will want to run the nut down pretty far on the Diode side of the solenoid before you tip the solenoid in and start the second bolt. The first bolt will then be finished with a small wrench because the solenoid coil tabs block any ratchet access to this side..

last pic everything from the cart is plugged in- each plug is a unique configuration. You cannot plug these in wrong... they simply won't fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.0.jpg (31.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.1.jpg (31.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.2.jpg (37.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.3.jpg (39.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Enough for now - small solenoid wires, cables, and regen diode installed. yellow wire is + on this cart. Put it on the small terminal marked + and the blue wire on the - terminal.

Solenoid has + marks on one big post...this is where the battery B+ cable goes. The other (big post) cable goes to the controller B+. The install diagram is pretty clear on this and the OEM cart was nicely marked too.
The regen diode for Ezgo comes with instruction - You must put it on the big terminals as shown. The banded end of the diode goes towards the B+ post on the solenoid. You will absolutely need this diode to save your stuff if somebody shuts the cart off while it is moving or it is shifted into neutral while moving, so put it on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.4.jpg (62.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.5.jpg (55.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

BTW Scotty, the temp sensor can actually go on any terminal, it doesn't really matter where it's at.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I wondered about that, any terminal, any polarity?

Well I stole a test ride. Pretty sure we had 3 soft tires, how do I say OMG - it is fast. It accelerates hard. The dog and me were hanging on in mode 3

I set up the FNKS with a soft start in 3 modes of
1.mild
2.medium and
3.fast

1. limited to 300 amps
2. limit to 350 amps
3. max peak 460 amps.

1. 30% throttle rate
2. 40% throttle rate
3. 50% throttle rate (this is default)

1. Regen 0- mild
2. mild to strong
3. strong to yikes, skid if turning on hard dirt road and sidestep the gas.

In addition to the 3 modes. Regen has a potentiometer type dial- so you set a low to high range for the regen in each range.... as well as other settings.

Lets just say the dog was okay with mode one but, he was pretty anxious about mode 2 and in mode 3 I had to hang onto his collar... I'll pump up the tires and give it a more serious try tomorrow

Generally the throttle rates have to go down.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #19
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where did you buy your parts? I hear Carts Unlimited is a pretty good place! Lol I have a delivery from them tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #20
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Wish I could have afforded to do all of that to my 2007 PDS!! Nice!!
Dog Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO