lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
TARider
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVHarley View Post
Thanks for the input Brew! Here is what I am sure is on the cart now.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/2-inc...t-for-txt.html

All springs, I did look at the 4" drop axle kit to add to what I have.

In my mind (beating my head against the wall again lol) The drop with leaving the heavy duty springs would put me at 2" more then the original design of the kit.

I see a headache and beer in my future

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering what makes up the factory 2" lift on mine (TXT/Valor) so I can figure out what to mess with to get a few more inches. That helps.
TARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Fender Flares

The 2 inch factory lift is 4 hd springs, shackles and a couple of shocks. The 4 inch has a drop axle, blocks for the rear axle and you put the springs on top in the rear. Would get you close to 6 inches and be fairly solid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #13
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The 2 inch factory lift is 4 hd springs, shackles and a couple of shocks. The 4 inch has a drop axle, blocks for the rear axle and you put the springs on top in the rear. Would get you close to 6 inches and be fairly solid.
This is exactly what I just did to my 2016 Valor. Definatly close to 6" now. Seems very solid. Unfortunately my 14" wheels and the tires are on back order but here is a pic with the Valor wheels on to see the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3842.jpg (172.9 KB, 0 views)
Ajt725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

AJT I like how it is turning out!
This is exactly what I have had in my mind for a while. What wheels and tires are you going with?
Have you done or are you planning on making any engine or clutch mods to compensate for the larger tire?

Be sure to post some pics once you get the wheels and tires mounted.
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:44 PM   #15
carjocky
Not Yet Wild

I like the Jakes shifter. I have been thinking about that..
carjocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:16 PM   #16
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks WVHarley, I like the way it is turning out. I was really trying to be happy with the way the cart was but after one Summer of use, I really wanted a bigger lift and tires. Now that the cart is back home, I can't seem to leave it alone lol. Last week it got an led light bar up front and led bulbs for the head and tail lights to match the led bar color. Also put a small 4" led light under the back end wired in the reverse switch for backing up at night. The wheels coming are 14" Diesel (matt black) with Desert fox tires. I want the cart blacked out

I don't plan on any engine mods but I am very interested in clutch mods. My cart gets used In KY in the hills at Lake Cumberland and I am a little worried about some of the hills. I would like to get more info on the Gboost clutch kit and some real world reviews but can't find much info yet. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

carjocky, the Jakes shifter is awesome! I put it on last Spring. It looks great and is very functional. I hated reaching down to find the reverse knob. Highly recommend it!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #17
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I am right there with you, it seems like I am always looking to the next upgrade as a winter project. I upgraded to 20" AT tires just a month after I bought the cart and run them all this past summer at my camp, but it is still missing something in my mind. I think the "black out" idea will look AWESOME on your cart. I cant wait to see pics when you get the wheels installed.

I have adjusted my governor, It now tops out at 3600 RPM and 22mph with the 20" tires.

I have been looking hard at G-Boost also. I dont want to pull a trailer, just get a little more low end for the hills. (will need that for sure once I go with 23's) I think I am going to start with the upgraded "driven" clutch spring and the kevlar belt to start. (FYI: the yellow spring is about double the tension of the stock spring)
Old 11-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #18
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

When you do any clutch mods, give me an update on this thread. I would love to hear how it works out. I will do the same. I may get around to it this winter.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #19
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajt725 View Post
When you do any clutch mods, give me an update on this thread. I would love to hear how it works out. I will do the same. I may get around to it this winter.
Will do
Old 12-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #20
carjocky
Not Yet Wild

Ok anyone figure out what inexpensive front grille/bumper guard fits with fender flares for a 06 txt? Just looking for more just show then go....
carjocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO