lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #21
chris6414
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Which rear end

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6414 View Post
Just found this. I bet it is just the key that sheared. I didn't think the drum with lugs had a key. Hopefully I will have time tonight to check.

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-269..._bwaAgTP8P8HAQ
Nope, it's splined and the drum was completely worn out. Axle was just spinning inside drum.

Looks like this cart is an early 80's model then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0276.jpg (371.1 KB, 0 views)
chris6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #22
rib33024

Get a new hub, and you will be on the road again
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #23
chris6414
Not Yet Wild

Just ordered. Dodged a bullet $$$$ on this one. The peaks of the splines were in the drum when I pulled it off. Too much time sitting behind that barn.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Nope, it's splined and the drum was completely worn out. Axle was just spinning inside drum.

Looks like this cart is an early 80's model then.
Hey there Chris. I'm heading out real early in the morning. Do you still want me to drag the 85 Marathon to Biscoe with me? If so, I need to load it today before it gets too late.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #25
chris6414
Not Yet Wild

No. I do appreciate the offer though. We're selling our house and I am starting a new job next week so getting out there would tough right now. I wish you all the best with the project and keep us posted.

Chris
Old 05-24-2017, 02:25 AM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
No. I do appreciate the offer though. We're selling our house and I am starting a new job next week so getting out there would tough right now. I wish you all the best with the project and keep us posted.

Chris
Thank you for getting back to me Chris. I left early yesterday morning and was on the road in bad weather all day. As it turned out, I had to stay up until after 2 AM, dismantling my road car chassis and reassembling it on my trailer, in heavy rain. I was asked by the body shop to haul it with me to Biscoe, in order to save another trip. I will be going back to the factory today to pick up the body panels and other parts, and bring them back to the body shop in Biscoe. That is where we will begin fabrication of the body support framework that will mount to my road car chassis. I will try to take lots of photos to document the construction. Maybe we can meet up when I come to your area. It might be while I am still in Central NC during this trip, since I brought the materials with me for that trip as well. If you find that you do need any parts from that 85 Marathon, let me know.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO