lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Standard or Team Clutch?

I have a 2012 TXT and want to fit a new clutch drive belt. There are two different belts on the EZGO website depending on whether the cart has a Standard or a Team clutch. Is there an easy way for me to tell which type of clutch I have. The cart is an unmodified standard 2-seater.
Peter W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Standard or Team Clutch?

first, don't waste your $$ on a factory belt, visit Gboosttechnology (dot com) and go with their extreme-duty belt, it's only a couple of $$ more and is arguably the best belt on the market, period. That said, the TEAM clutches have "Rapid Response" cast into the housing on the drive clutch as well as the TEAM logo in some cases - if You could post a pic that would help ensure You get the appropriate, accurate answer. I'm heading to the shop again (third time back after working all day, go figure) in about a half-hour, I'll snap a couple of photos of the 2012 TEAM clutches to see if we can't match things up for You
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This isn't an exact picture of a golf cart team clutch but it's similar logo as what you will see on yours if it's a team clutch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1p6z9w.jpg (242.1 KB, 0 views)
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This isn't an exact picture of a golf cart team clutch but it's similar "team" logo as what you will see on yours if it's a team clutch
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, guys, that's been really helpful. It looks like I've got the standard clutch on my cart so it's belt #606136 that I need. We don't seem to have much in the way of alternatives to the official OEM EZGO belts available in the UK. I can order some from the USA via Amazon and Ebay global shipping services and they run out a bit cheaper than the official EZGO belts in the UK after paying freight and import charges. Does anyone have any experience of Erlandson belts, which look to be good value?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #6
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter W View Post
Does anyone have any experience of Erlandson belts, which look to be good value?
They have been renamed GBoost...

http://www.gboosttechnology.com/aboutus.asp

Their "extreme duty" is really the best and worth the small extra $ (or £ in your case...); I would never buy another one now!!!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #7
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, sformal. I'll do a price comparison between suppliers of that belt to see where I can get the best deal including shipping and import duty. The price on the Gboost website is $49, so that gives me a guide as to what I should be paying as the base price.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO