lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 03:09 AM   #1
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Noisy Team clutch on 2012 TXT

I've got a 2012 TXT Fleet buggy with Team clutches (same as the 2010-up RXVs) that was a regularly-serviced golf club daily hire cart for five years before I bought it from an EZGO dealership here in the UK. It runs fine apart from a really annoying noise from the clutches as I slow down to a halt. All clutch sheaves look fine, shiny, dry and clean and I have just fitted brand new belts to the clutch and to the starter/generator to try to cure it but I still get this annoying creaking/pinging noise from the clutches as I slow to a halt without applying the brake. It sounds like an elastic band twang or a creaking/pinging spring. I can also get it to make the same noise if I get out and rock the cart back and forth with the control lever in the forward position. It's actually got a bit worse since I fitted the new clutch belt. Could it be a clutch spring issue?

Any ideas of a cure, anyone?
Peter W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO