lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
88Chevys10
Not Yet Wild

Default g1 engine rebuild

Where is the best place to buy rebuild kits. I saw a thread where certain sites had bad parts. Is golfcartkings one of the site sponsors a good place to buy a rebuild kit? Also wanting to delete the oil pump off the engine and start premixing the gas since that's what caused the engine failure. is there a good thread with all the information to delete it correctly. Also I saw someone say to remove the butterfly in the exhaust while having it apart?
88Chevys10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: g1 engine rebuild

I always buy from partzilla. OEM parts and for $2 more I get next day shipping :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

when you have the primary clutch off is a good time to delete the oil pump. i just removed the gear and pump then made a block off plate for the hole in the case. Then make sure to plug off the line going into the carb

Remove the butterfly when the exhaust is off and plug weld the holes
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
88Chevys10
Not Yet Wild

is everythingcarts.com have good parts to buy from. They seem to have everything in stock I need. Just don't want to buy parts that are made terribly.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Chevys10 View Post
is everythingcarts.com have good parts to buy from. They seem to have everything in stock I need. Just don't want to buy parts that are made terribly.
Unfortunately, at this point I don't think that replacement parts are made anywhere other than China so getting parts from anywhere is mostly a crap shoot. You might as well go ahead at let price dictate your action. All things equal, I like buying from site sponsors if they are in the neighborhood though.

I like to order multiples of the cheap parts that are easy to screw up during a rebuild......rings, seals, gaskets, etc. That way, if I break a ring or tear a gasket or something I have some others on-hand rather than having to order new ones and wait. If things go together the first time then great.....you have some spare stock for next time.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
VigilanteTrail
Not Yet Wild

How about the top end kit that is available from Plowman? Anybody used that before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VigilanteTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
88Chevys10
Not Yet Wild

When pulling the oil pump completely off and making a block off plate. Is mixing the gas enough oil to keep the lower end lubricated?
Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Chevys10 View Post
When pulling the oil pump completely off and making a block off plate. Is mixing the gas enough oil to keep the lower end lubricated?
Yep. You'll have no issues.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #9
88Chevys10
Not Yet Wild

What's the correct ratio to start out at on a fresh rebuild?
Old 06-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think most on this forum recommend 100:1 some even 80:1.

With my engine old and unknown other than compression I chose to run it at 50:1 with synthetic VP oil and Rec Fuel. It does not smoke and the plug is a nice brown color. I will probably stick with this when the engine does get freshened up.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha