lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
franchise78
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 dead on key turn

Hello there extremely new to the golf cart scene. Just joined today, but have read many forums on here for info. And I thank you for that. Ok so I acquired a Yamaha g1 1982. I’ve from here it’s a bit different. Anyway I replaced all filters, spark plug, ignition coil, battery and cables, carburetor, and belts. I had it running up until today actually. I went outside to go test it out again and when I turned the key absolutely nothing happens now. I know I’ll need a volt meter now as I have read the sticky “so your yammi won’t turn over”. The switch that is talked about at the pedal is my uneducated guess, but I’ve guessed wrong on this thing many times already. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks. Looking forward to being on here.
franchise78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
kogieblack
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 dead on key turn

You turn the key and press lightly the accelerator pedal.
kogieblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
franchise78
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Really not what I expected from this board, but thanks anyway. I got it figured out though and I will not be asking anymore questions on this site. I’ll just stick to the information already posted.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise78 View Post
Really not what I expected from this board, but thanks anyway. I got it figured out though and I will not be asking anymore questions on this site. I’ll just stick to the information already posted.
Asking questions is good for everyone. Understand that your getting answers from previous posts is resultant from other people asking questions, just like you are saying you won't do in the future. That doesn't help you and it doesn't help future forum readers. You have to be a bit patient to give people here a bit of time to chime in. Carts are like anything else in that many of same problems can have a different cause. Personally, I think it's nice to post a question so that many different posters will be able to read and respond to it. The more information / opinion the better chance that someone will get it right.

Glad you got it worked it out but it would be nice to know that the issue was so that others can learn from you experience.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:10 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise78 View Post
YOU do realize that its cart season right? People are out camping, carting going to shows ect this time of year and not on the computer as much. responses can be slow this time of year.

Some peoples impatient kids

anyway heres a service manual to hold you over.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Asking questions is good for everyone. Understand that your getting answers from previous posts is resultant from other people asking questions, just like you are saying you won't do in the future. That doesn't help you and it doesn't help future forum readers. You have to be a bit patient to give people here a bit of time to chime in. Carts are like anything else in that many of same problems can have a different cause. Personally, I think it's nice to post a question so that many different posters will be able to read and respond to it. The more information / opinion the better chance that someone will get it right.

Glad you got it worked it out but it would be nice to know that the issue was so that others can learn from you experience.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Does this cart start with the key?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #8
franchise78
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I wasn’t saying anything about the time it took for a response, that part didn’t bother me at all. Maybe it was the answer I got in which I know to turn the key and press the pedal down. So mikeasis YOU misunderstood and I’m sorry about that. Some people’s kids I guess. By the way I have a manual, but thank you for offering.

Anyhow it turned up being that stop switch at the pedal, also the key cylinder came right out of the switch body so I replaced it as well. Everything is good to go.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #9
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Glad you got it figured out. Sorry I miss read that. There are a lot of people that post and want replies quickly. I guess with todays tech its expected by some.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here and don't be surprised by some smart remarks lol. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that are willing to give advice and share what they have learned along the way.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #10
franchise78
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I think I took it wrong too as well. Plus I teach and coach I may have been a little on edge lol. No worries I’m good now and had a snickers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha