lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Maybe not enough compression G2

I changed my brushes and put a new battery in my G2 about a month ago and it's been running great. Then last night it just stopped. When I push the gas the belt and clutch turn maybe once and then that's it. I changed spark plug in spring. Don't know where to start. Any ideas will be appreciated
gregm227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Maybe not enough compression G2

Sounds more like electrical power issue, would still turn over etc if compression was down. Check battery connections & voltage, try connecting to another good battery with jumper cables & work along from there to look for bad ground, loose connections etc.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Okay I think maybe solenoid. I get 12 volts at 1st big terminal and 4 to 5 volts at 2nd when pedal pushed .could maybe that be bad ground or definitely is solenoid. Asking because I was told I had a bad ground before that was fixed
gregm227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Bad ground wires/connections are very common, as are battery cable connections. Check all that first. When my solenoid went out I could stomp on the floor ahead of it and cart would start. When it goes you have no click when it starts, though with a bad cable you don't either but you wont have any 12v there either.

All the small wires on my solenoid have new connectors on them many years ago.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha