lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #31
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Runs Very Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
check that your motor mounts are in good condition. is the clutch fully installed? and the bolt tightened?

you can mark the section where it is hitting the frame and remove the engine and heat that section with some MAP Gas and smack it with a hammer to bend it in. this is required on G1's with a lift.

**** that's a big clutch

edit: after looking at both my 80 and 84. your cart has been lifted to some degree. that is not the stock mounts or location for the rear shocks. so that's why your clutch is hitting there.

I'm with mikeasis on this one. Why alter everything else like suspension height changes when you can just alter the sub frame? MAPP gas will work but will take awhile. I used oxy/act and heated the metal until cherry red then smacked it with a ballpien hammer until I had the right clearance. Take off the rear shocks so you can move the sub frame to a spot where it is out of the way. I didn't even have to pull the motor to do it. Just remove the gas tank and use a piece of metal to use as a heat shield to protect components like rubber and plastic that you don't want to melt.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #32
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm back. Thanks for all your posts. I took the easy route on the clutch. 4 minutes on the shock brace with a sawzall. Took 1.5" from the support. The height variation front to back isn't noticeable. Plus I didn't own a sawzall before the project.

Now it's back to the initial problem. It runs rough. It only wants to run fast or off. I understand this is most always the case when there isn't a governor. So we put it up on a floor jack for testing and adjustment Then the cart slipped off the floor jack and jammed itself between the differential and the club shelf. Real good like. My friend had another floor jack and we were able to extricate the first one. Then straighten the club shelf. We made so good headway with tuning the carb but it's far from smooth.

Is this possible without a governor?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #33
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Stock carb or aftermarket? The aftermarket ones are known for issues.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #34
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

With a LOT of help from Don Plowman we made significant progress and learned a few things. He's a great guy!! The cart had it's first road test. It is running significantly smoother. The Plowman clutch is a dream. No more chirping and jerking the differential. When watching the videos I am feathering the accelerator pedal constantly because I didn't want it to go all out.

Per Don, it is very difficult to get a smooth throttle transition when the governor is gone. I'm looking for one but there aren't any out there. We still have a problem with the initial start. It has to crank a long time. In one video you'll see my friend giving me a push/assist. After this it starts every time. All-In-All we are sneaking up on these issues.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #35
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

with the governor, is the whole thing missing from the differential or just the arm/plate? you'll need to find someone parting a cart out. scour ebay as some folks sell the axles and tubes separate from the differential pumpkin and you may be able to contact them to see if they would sell you just the governor parts you need. Also if your a facebook member join the G1/G3 member page as carts get parted out there occasionally. If you join post an add for governor parts or PM me and ill point you to a member that is parting out some carts.

Can you post pics on how your throttle cable and choke cable are ran. you may need to give the carb a good cleaning using shop air or you can get torch tip cleaners from lowes which work great for cleaning small carb passages / jets. do you know if your carb is stock or aftermarket?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #36
LBH
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
with the governor, is the whole thing missing from the differential or just the arm/plate? you'll need to find someone parting a cart out. scour ebay as some folks sell the axles and tubes separate from the differential pumpkin and you may be able to contact them to see if they would sell you just the governor parts you need. Also if your a facebook member join the G1/G3 member page as carts get parted out there occasionally. If you join post an add for governor parts or PM me and ill point you to a member that is parting out some carts.

Can you post pics on how your throttle cable and choke cable are ran. you may need to give the carb a good cleaning using shop air or you can get torch tip cleaners from lowes which work great for cleaning small carb passages / jets. do you know if your carb is stock or aftermarket?
The entire governor is gone. Including the top half of the post. The carb is very clean. (See Pic)
Don is sending me some jets with different orifices to try. Thats cool !! Not sure where it was built.

attachment.php?"]attachmentid=178645&stc=1&d=1543953064"]attachment.php?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13a1.jpg (181.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #37
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Taking a long time to get the motor to fire up can be a fuel issue. You could be losing prime, your fuel pump could be operating inefficiently, and or your crank seals could be weak. On point number 1, make sure the check valve at the end of your gas line in the tank is in place and working. If not gas will backflow into the tank when the cart isn't being used. On point 2, you can rebuild or replace your fuel pump. Pretty much any 3 line pump will work. On point 3, although the fuel pump delivers gas from the tank to the carb, engine vacuum draws it from the carb to the cylinder. Bad cranks seals will lessen the critical vacuum and cause your issue.

Your carb looks spotless. I wouldn't be surprised if it were aftermarket but who knows.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #38
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree Lochlin....That carby looks like a copy...All the brass coloured fittings look new and untarnished.
If its branded Mikuni its original if it Mokini its a copy.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha