lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 10:58 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: wont move

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
i tried the bypass and it didnt make a difference with the MCOR jumped either. This is the cord that has to be plugged in to make it work i dont even have the charger here. pack voltage is at 48 and the batteries are new.
Ok, your controller is probably going into lockout mode and is preventing its operation until it detects the charger present.

Completely bypass the OBC as it cannot be used in the current configuration. Make sure you do it exactly like this: You need to run the black 10g wire from the back of the charger receptacle directly to the Main Pack Negative battery post. You also need to connect the Blue and White wires together on the Harness side of the OBC 6-pin connector with a paperclip or stiff piece of wire or it will be locked out. This is a must to provide the 48v power to the controller from the OBC permissive. Make sure the 10g Red wire from the charge receptacle is running over the Main Pack Pos.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #22
JDC
Gone Wild

Apparently they are not using the charger that this plug belongs to. this cord was just being used for their testing.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #23
JDC
Gone Wild

so i switch the mcor to a new one they gave me which was a mcor4 it did not work at all so i switched it back and it will do what it was doing again. the schematic you show is different than what i have.pin 3 is purple /white pin4 has a green/white yours shows blank pin 8 is brown.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #24
JDC
Gone Wild

I have schematics for most years and the 03 and 04 DS ones are not like this one. Wierd.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The DS and Precedent IQ carts have slightly different wiring diagrams, this high-res diagram should match your cart:

The Green/White wire on pin #4 was for an old OBC function that is no longer used, it used to tell the controller when more than a certain number of "energy units" had been removed from the pack so the Controller new when to use Regenerative brake vs Dynamic brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #26
JDC
Gone Wild

So i did the bypass and it works. They'll have to get the proper charger now for sure. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad it is going....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car