lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
WillieH
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘82 DS Won’t Budge

So, I’m a complete newbie. Stumbled upon a cart that seems to be in pretty good shape so I thought I’d give repairing it a shot.

I put all new batteries and cables in it. Studied the wiring diagram and made sure that everything was out in the right spot and gave her a shot. Not much happened.

At first I would get two solenoid clicks and that was it. Whether in forward or reverse, just two clicks. I thought that since it had been sitting for a while maybe it was just a little frozen up or something so I kept toggling between forward and reverse and eventually got VERY slow movement. I also got a VERY hot resistor. But just one. Then it stopped moving all together.

I’ve read that microswitches can be the culprit so I pulled the box and noticed that I definitely had one bad one. I replaced all five and put it back together. I can very clearly hear each switch click as I depress the pedal slowly but I only hear two solenoids click.

I guess maybe the next step is replace the solenoids, it I’m really just guessing. I don’t want to keep throwing money blindly at it. This is my first cart fixing experience so any tips would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WillieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car