lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
fend78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2011 Yahama drive\g29 rear axle oil leak.

Hey guys! I recently purchased a 2011 yamaha g29. I had a bit of a bounce when it drove so i replace the rear axle bearings to see if it would fix the problem. After I put it all back together I now have a small differential oil leak coming out of a little hole on the driver side rear axle where the bearing slides in. Is there some kind of seal that needs to be replaced. And if so am I gonna have to drop the trans and take it apart to fix it? Thanks.
fend78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Yahama drive\g29 rear axle oil leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fend78 View Post
........Is there some kind of seal that needs to be replaced. And if so am I gonna have to drop the trans and take it apart to fix it? Thanks.
Yes, and Yes, you aren't gonna have much fun. It's not super hard, but daunting the first time you do it.

Better hope it's the driver's side, it's easier to replace.(on gas models, passenger is easier on electric, since the axle is built like a mirror image).

I suggest putting the passenger side wheel back on after axle removal, and using it as a stand so you can stand the axle up on end for service.

I also suggest draining the axle oil before remixing axle from cart, I'm sure it's due for replacement anyway, I suggest replacing oil every 2-3 years for max axle life.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2011 Yahama drive\g29 rear axle oil leak.

Common mistake is when the axle is being put back in, if not careful, the axle nicks the seal and causes a leak, then the fun begins.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil leak, rear axle, yamaha g29
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha