lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
kandkwillis
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Yamaha G8 snapped input shaft

Ok got my intake issues taken care of , got to the camp ground put all that on jumped on to run up to the front and my input shaft snapped in half .......what next !!!!
any idea why this would happen
kandkwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
grantspec
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G8 snapped input shaft

Looks like it snapped off right at the c clip groove. Probably a fatigue failure from years of hard use.

I’m not sure it’s the same transmission as the g8 but I just got done swapping the input shaft on my 91 G9. The shaft is $170 and you have to press on the fwd gear. It’s not a bad job if you take your time but a lot of labor removing the transmission and disassembling. Might be easier/cheaper to find a known good tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I know down here where someone has a G2 for sale for $175. Has motor and tranny, missing all the expensive or hard to find stuff (airbox, carb, exhaust, starter/generator, etc) that would make it cost prohibitive to rebuild that cart. Not sure where you're located, but I've bought 3 or 4 G2/G9's for under a few hundred bucks. It would be cheaper to do something like that, and easier to find than finding just the rear axle IMO

Plus.youd have extra stuff left over you could sell and get your money back or part it out on Ebay.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #4
kandkwillis
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys not sure which way I'm gonna go . If I go used am I gonna run into the same issue down the road and where can I find used part out carts.... I live in Wisconsin right on the Wisconsin and Illinois boarder. Guess I won't know what I need until I get into it
kandkwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's not a common issue, so I wouldnt really worry about it.

Craigslist and Facebook market are best bets for finding a cheap cart for parts.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha