lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
rus23
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G16

Just got a new to me G16. I got it cause someone stole the engine and I figured no big deal I'll just find an engine and throw it in for a couple hundred bucks. Now all I need to do is find an engine for a couple hundred (not a couple thousand [emoji4]). Any one out there with a good or rebuild able engine for this cart?

Thanks

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
rus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
Dg16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16

eBay has some for around $700 to $800 rebuilt . Just drop in and go in a hour or so . You could run a predator motor from Harbor freight for $300 . A good bit of work making it mount right . Maybe someone has one on here though ��
Dg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dg16 View Post
eBay has some for around $700 to $800 rebuilt . Just drop in and go in a hour or so . You could run a predator motor from Harbor freight for $300 . A good bit of work making it mount right . Maybe someone has one on here though ��
That's not true. That's $700-800 to rebuild, but you have to send them a rebuildable core. If you don't have a core that figure is out the window.

And you have to beware some of those, a $700 rebuild fee could quickly turn into $1700-1800 if your crank, cam, head, etc. is not what they would deem rebuildable; they'll charge you for it!

Your best bet is to post a "want to buy" ad here in the classified section. With all the folks here that have swapped in vegas and vanguard engines, ther's likely to be someone here with one laying around.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

new motor from Yamaha is 1450 bucks. pull it out of the box and drop it in.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
new motor from Yamaha is 1450 bucks. pull it out of the box and drop it in.
If they are still available and you plan on keeping the cart long term, this is BY FAR the best option in terms of reliability and bang for your buck

My current G2 is a 1986. I literally dug it out of a hole behind someone's barn. Clean the tank, carb, new lines and fuel pump, and it runs like the day it was new. STill 165+psi compression even, no smoke just a nice quiet "hummmmm" as you drive it. Original motor 33 years old with that kind of neglect, you GOTTA respect what Yamaha built back then.

A brand new motor now will run that old thing a good 20+ trouble free years as long as you change the oil every once in a while. You won't get a predator that will do that...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

JR6-19001-00-00 Search for the best price. Saw it for $1200 and change. 357cc G22 engine. You'd still need a muffler and clutch.

Where are you located?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
rus23
Not Yet Wild

I have a g1 rescued from an airport where it was the roundup delivery vehicle. My daughter is disabled and likes to garden. She uses the cart to get around the yard. I have about 8 acres in eastern pa. The g16 has nicer seats and a roof, it is a step up in comfort from the older one. But it might be too expensive to get this thing running.

Old 09-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
rus23
Not Yet Wild

I have all the parts except the engine. They even left the carb.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #9
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I've got the engine from my yard cart. It ran fine when I took it out. Shipping would be high...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha