lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
jmprater11
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 48v Club Car DS consistently slow

I have a 2001 Club Car DS with a series motor and MCOR

The cart runs PERFECTLY at about 10 MPH and no more. If I get in the grass, I can really feel it bog down.

I don't want to have to replace the entire motor if I don't have to and I am just wondering if someone maybe has some ideas of what I can look at to get a little more speed (and if anything else is broken, it won't speed up anyways)

The cart is VERY quiet and runs GREAT (no delays, no surging) just SLOW especially in the grass or going up a hill.

Thanks in advance
jmprater11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 48v Club Car DS consistently slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmprater11 View Post
I have a 2001 Club Car DS with a series motor and MCOR

The cart runs PERFECTLY at about 10 MPH and no more. If I get in the grass, I can really feel it bog down.

I don't want to have to replace the entire motor if I don't have to and I am just wondering if someone maybe has some ideas of what I can look at to get a little more speed (and if anything else is broken, it won't speed up anyways)

The cart is VERY quiet and runs GREAT (no delays, no surging) just SLOW especially in the grass or going up a hill.

Thanks in advance
Is the top speed 9-10mph up or down hill? Maybe it’s in limp mode. Should do 15-16 stock. 21 with code 4 unlock from the dealer.
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
jmprater11
Not Yet Wild

It runs 8-10 flat land one rider.

It does go faster when going down hill.

Brand new Trojan batteries and 0 AWG cables.
jmprater11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmprater11 View Post
It runs 8-10 flat land one rider.

It does go faster when going down hill.

Brand new Trojan batteries and 0 AWG cables.
Does it pass the speed sensor test? A bad sensor will put it into limp mode on an IQ cart I believe.
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

No speed sensor on a series motor, and no speed codes either. The series controller has not way of limiting motor speed except if it is not getting a full throttle signal. Which could be the problem if the Half speed reverse switch is stuck, or if the MCOR throttle is not giving full signal to the controller.

How far do you have to press the pedal before it starts to move?
Quite often the bar that runs from the pedal to the MCOR gets worn, and the pedal pivot bushings get worn enough that there is slack between the pedal and the throttle bar. This makes the throttle bar only turn enough to give maybe 75% throttle signal out of the MCOR.
If you look at where the pedal and throttle bar join, there are a couple of rods that stick out put a piece of fuel hose or a couple zip ties around the top rod to make sure the pedal pushes all the way against the rod. That quite often fixes low power/speed problems on early MCOR carts.
Also the GO pedal pivot bushings can be worn enough that it causes slack and the pedal doesn't push the rod far enough. Replacing the pedal brackets and pivot rod and updating to an MCOR4 will solve a lot of problems. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit If your pedal bushings are worn give David a Call or Email and ask for those too and he can get you set up with everything you need.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car