lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
horse4190
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery drain and slows down

I have 1997 Club Car golf cart with 36 volts After charging say overnight with full charge of about 6.25 for each batteries, the battery drains to 4 after using it with few kilometers runs. I have changed the batteries. Do you think what is the issues or is it the battery cables or something else?? Thanks for your help.
horse4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery drain and slows down

6.25V is only an 80% charge. You say you changed batteries. Are they new? It sounds like one of two things. Bad batteries or the brakes are set while driving. You need to load test your battery pack and then each individual battery. Search the forum. You'll find the way to do this.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
horse4190
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
6.25V is only an 80% charge. You say you changed batteries. Are they new? It sounds like one of two things. Bad batteries or the brakes are set while driving. You need to load test your battery pack and then each individual battery. Search the forum. You'll find the way to do this.
I have put 2 used batteries. These batteries were working well from the other golf carts. I did not change the battery cables. Is the battery cables is one of the thing also that need to be replaced? Thanks
Old 05-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Battery cables can cause issues with a cart but your symptoms don't indicate that. An easy test for battery cables is to run the cart for a short distance (say 1/2 km). Now open the seat and feel each cable. If you find one that is too hot to touch, you do have a problem there.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
horse4190
Not Yet Wild

thanks fsu1tm. I think that is good way of testing it. If I find one or more cables that very hot, I have to replace that cables only and not all the battery cables?
Old 05-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

If they are frayed and look bad then, yes, change out. It could just be corrosion. Make sure all of the lugs are bright/shiny. Any cable 6 AWG or larger need to be kept in good shape. If you decide to remove the cables from the motor to clean them, hold the bottom nut with a wrench (don't let it turn) while removing the top nut. Otherwise, you'll mess up the motor. All cable bolts at the vglide, resistors, motor, etc. should be sprayed with PBlaster and allowed to soak for a few days before trying to remove. Old, rusted bolts break easy. Ask me how I know.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car