lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #11
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 87 CC ds 36v has charge wont go

Sergio, I gave it a quick look over and did not see anything like that as I have in the past on my other cart. later today I will check closer and also verify all the wires are snug as well. But in short I saw nothing that jumped out at me initially
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #12
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

oops sorry all. i was looking at a picture of the vin plate and it appears to be an 89 not an 87. my bad :-0
Old 12-07-2020, 06:14 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoBuggies View Post
morvolts2 - my 87 is set up just like my 92 was with one solenoid and v-glide and a resistor coil. There is a microswitch in the v-glide as well as the FnR switch.

The battery numbers- today the pack charge was 38.6v at rest before putting charger on it. After plugging in the charger and letting run for a couple minutes, I noted the pack showing 44.6v.

Each battery in counterclockwise manner from driver side go as follows:
Batt 1 - 7.59v, Batt 2 - 7.52v, Batt 3 - 7.55v, Batt 4, 7.69 v, Batt 5 - 7.69 v, and Batt 6 - 7.67 volts.

The charger I'm using is a club car accupower automatic charger with an anolog meter. The meter jumps to 20 amps on initial startup and then settles in around 5 amps shortly after.

After thinking about the initial posts yesterday I am leaning toward the v-glide and/or the FnR switch
I don't think you have a battery or a charger issue. Also, if the batteries were "dead as a door knob" the charger would not have come on.

I think something happened while the kids were driving it and you assumed the batteries were dead. Nothing suggests you have a problem with the batteries.

Do as Sergio suggests.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #14
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoBuggies View Post
oops sorry all. i was looking at a picture of the vin plate and it appears to be an 89 not an 87. my bad :-0
that would make more sense that it would have a V glide in lieu of micro switches and solenoids then.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #15
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I looked closer at the v-glide. It doesn’t appear to be melted on any of the contact pads. All the nuts on the back for the wires are tight.

I agree that the charger wouldn’t come on if it were truly dead dead. So....

I’m going to change out the FnR switch with the one from my other cart to rule it out (I changed the other cart to a rocker style FnR switch when I upgraded it to the solid state so I have the other one in the barn). I also have a new V-glide arriving tomorrow that I will swap for good measure.

I’ll update after I make the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #16
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio the flexible cable inside the v-glide is good and the wiper arm rotated all the way up and back down with no hang ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2020, 06:59 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The VGlide would have been the next suspect for slow speed since the batteries and Solenoid are new.

That makes the FNR copper contacts the next suspect unless you can see signs of corrosion or loose connections on the motor studs/cables.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:00 AM   #18
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

ok all. I swapped out the FnR and the V-glide yesterday after work, one item at a time to check results of each item swap. The FnR made no difference i did however clean up all the contact points and wire connectors just for good measure during the swap. Next i swapped out the V-glide that was in the cart for the new one i had shipped to me. While i did look over the v-glide (without my cheaters on apparently, it is damaged at the wiper arm wire connection. to be clear this is the lower right hand bolt that the wire from the wiper arm is connected to on the inside of the v-glide case and the two white wires connect to on the back or outside of the v-glide. I don't know it this wire was loose and caused the arching and melting damage in this isolated location but i checked the connection on the new one before installation just for good measure. I am surprised the copper pads were not melted as i have seen in the past with spent v-glides on my other cart.

In short it finally wound up being the v-glide. The cart runs like nothing happened before. Thanks to you all for jumping in and throwing out suggestions. while i would have figured it out eventually it helped to talk (type) it out loud and have other input.

Now onto the solid state conversion for the 92. Ill start another thread with pics on that soon. thanks again yall.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car