lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
Phillip Drums
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Longer rear shocks

Hello all,
I'm a newbie to the forum, I have a gas G2. I'm looking at getting a 4" lift for the cart. I would really like to find a longer shock for the rear to get the 4" lift in the rear instead of using the blocks to lift it. We use it offroad on our farm and really need more travel (always bottom out crossing the creek with people on the back of the cart). Has anyone done this or know of a shock that will achieve that 4" lift? Don't really have an issue with front travel, but if anyone knows of a longer travel shock for the front as well I'd love to do that as well. Thank you in advance.
Phillip Drums is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Longer rear shocks

Adding a longer coil over shock for the rear is an easy way to get lift. I used Honda 400ex atv front shocks, they bolt right in. I think those shocks measure 16", so you might want to compare that to your current shock length. Yamaha Warrior atv front shocks will also work , they measure 14".

In the front, you can't just install longer shocks, the wheels will have too much camber. The front needs a lift kit or you can fabricate your own.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
ffmedicmatt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Adding a longer coil over shock for the rear is an easy way to get lift. I used Honda 400ex atv front shocks, they bolt right in. I think those shocks measure 16", so you might want to compare that to your current shock length. Yamaha Warrior atv front shocks will also work , they measure 14".

In the front, you can't just install longer shocks, the wheels will have too much camber. The front needs a lift kit or you can fabricate your own.
Thanks for the info here. I just purchased two Honda 400ex shocks for the back. Gonna get a lift kit soon
ffmedicmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #4
Phillip Drums
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:

Thank you Very much for the info, that's exactly what I needed. I figured out yesterday we have a bent A-arm and have figured out the stock ones are hard to come by, so I'll probably be going with a 6" lift kit to get new A-arms. so the 400ex shocks are going to be the way to go looks like.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #5
Phillip Drums
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:

Are those 16" eye to eye, or overall length? Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:09 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Drums View Post
Are those 16" eye to eye, or overall length? Thanks again for the help.
Yes 400ex 16"
Warrior 350 14"
Grizzly 660 12"
LTZ400 16"
Old 12-15-2020, 01:11 AM   #7
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Yes 400ex 16"
Warrior 350 14"
Grizzly 660 12"
LTZ400 16"
And what are stock G2 shocks?
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
And what are stock G2 shocks?
Have a tape measure? It's probably a short walk to your cart lol

I haven't had stock shocks on mine since I got it. I'm guessing 10".
Old 12-25-2020, 08:17 PM   #9
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Have a tape measure? It's probably a short walk to your cart lol

I haven't had stock shocks on mine since I got it. I'm guessing 10".
I just thought you would know the length of the top of your head. Yes, I have a tape measure and my cart is only a few feet out the back door.

UPDATE: the rear coil over shocks on my G2 are 12" long from mounting bolts center to center with the cart resting on level ground.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Slo would that be a trx400ex Honda shock?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha