lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
Capt. Ron
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 - Brush/es going bad?

Good day gassers!

I was hoping an expert might be able to jump in and help point me in the right direction.

Twice in the last month my 2016 gas G29 (non-EFI) cart has had a very hard time starting. At first I thought it was the battery, but I monitored/captured voltage for a week or so and that all appeared good (above 12.4 consistently).

As it has been cold I have had to use the choke briefly to get cart going, but no problems there.

The thing that has occurred just twice, from a parked position and after sitting at least overnight, is when you press the gas peddle, you hear a tiny bit of noise as the starter tries to turn the motor...it's a very faint sound and nothing happens...after plenty of presses, or a single constant pressing for maybe 10-20 seconds of the peddle, the motor will eventually kick over...SO....

I had read on the forum that maybe there are some thin spots on the armature assembly and to manually move the cart slightly, but that didn't have any impact...and then I was thinking maybe it's just the brushes going bad on the starter, but I don't really know if the starter on a gas card really has brushes, assuming so, but don't know.

Could the brushes potentially be my problem? Any other suggestions appreciated as always....
Capt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 - Brush/es going bad?

I'd be checking the starter belt (smaller one) for tightness.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
Capt. Ron
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 - Brush/es going bad?

Thanks cgtech, will check the belt when it warms up a bit, or I decide to bundle up and check it....
Capt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha