lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: lots of questions, and all opinions welcomed

Let me know when your ready to make your own cables.....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

G man is his low run time caused by these fuzzy (lets call them header cables as opposed to pack cables) he said are coroded?
He should look at his needs(wants) a cheap set of Sams batteries $480-540 - 3-4 years 170 dollars a year and if kept up money returned. He has a gasser. It would not be wize to put a lot of money in the cart in add ons and mods if you are looking for return on investment. Every toy I have ever owned I have lost my anus on.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

just wondering a few things and being more of a gas cart person maybe some of y'all could help me out.... first what's "NO TIME" stated in something I could understand like minutes. second, aren't 08 batts pretty new for all to be bad? third, I thought 94 is when they made the jump to controller carts, was this cart converted?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

DOOmsman, I wondered the same about my header cables was the reason for that part of the question. I didn't know if those were worth a try before buying batteries as I know they would need replaced either way. I understand your point on the Sam's batteries, but if I am going to invest in them I will go a head and spend the money for the good ones I think. If I buy the batteries I will be keeping it for a few years and don't want to be in the same position as now. If I do go that route I know my "return" in it is shot and understand that game, I have had all kinds of toys. Thanks for your help.

ruredy...First off, "NO TIME" means 2min/500ft. Second, I thought the 08's were pretty new myself which brought me to my questions. I have read plenty of stories on how they are so dead the charger won't even pick them up and so on, but mine go to S-L-O-W speed (about 50%) in about 2min/500ft and I plug the charger in and it takes about 5min or so for the amps(on the charger) to drop to about 3amps and in about 15min the batteries show 100% with volt meter(after setting a hour or so) and will pretty much hold that charge for as long as I let it set until I try to run it again on OR off the ground.

Third, I know mine doesn't have the resistors and it sure doesn't look like a conversion but maybe I need to look closer. I have looked it over pretty close and think I would have noticed. Thanks
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The batteries could also be 1998 vintage. That would explain everything.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

1989 was the first controller equipped Marathon. Get a discharge test on the current pack and check specific gravity. Sparky's can be a lot of fun.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #17
ruredy
Born Wild

wow 2 minutes, that is no time. i'd do like gorno said and load test the batts, see if any are good.
i know I read somewhere it said 94 is when the first ezgo controller cart came out. This however doesn't mean that's true. I run into things like that alot with the gas carts. I was just wondering if someone had converted it maybe something was wired wrong.

your thread said opinions welcome, well mine would be to check the batts, if it doesn't cost to much to fix, do that and sell it, or sell it anyway. get a gas cart, there's nothing like have a cart to jump in and take off without the worries of running out of power. my very first cart was an electric. it put me to walking a few times before I got a gas cart.
I did run out of gas a couple months ago and had to walk a few hundred yards back to the house. I completely blame my kids for that one. I would have checked it if I knew it was out of gas
Old 01-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #18
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

I'm invisible.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:57 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I can see your posts You agree the batteries he has are shot?

Cheap batteries can work well for you IF you run short distances on flat ground
If you have hills and want to run miles to here and there then you will need better batteries.
Most of a batteries weight is the lead plates which store the amperage you burn driving it. The more a battery weighs the more lead in it, period. Manufacture's estimated run time for your cart is 90 minutes. Your time will vary with hills and load etc. See if you can shorten the bad cables at the motor and controller connections and get back to good wire?
Listen to PG
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #20
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
I'm invisible.
no your not, I got it, 89, thanks I didn't see your post before i did mine,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO