lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 ignition questions

Pulse coil is usually a coil with a magnet that passes in front of it. You should be able to test voltage and turn the magnet in front of it, or ohms, anyway you should see a change when the magnet rotates by it. They are often 5-25v.

G2/9 is a TCI not CDI, I forget what G1 is. TCI the coil will be powered all the time, CDI is opposite the coil is grounded and CDI module shoots it with power to spark. TCI cuts power to coil for spark.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I do not want to sound like a fool have you checked the ground from battery to the engine block and also to the coil. the G1 has by far the worst grounding system Only a No.16-18 Gage ground wire to the mag. I have had some electrical problems on my cart most can be traced back to a pore connection or bad ground. and the way this cart is designed with fuses in the negative pole
makes me think a old Ford motor guy went to work for Yamaha.

some times I win some time I due not !!
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Ground issues are very common on the yamahas, and grounds are all wired just like positives as the frame is not used to ground....the engine is not even on the frame and the battery is. Anyway, just remember to look up the age of your G1 if you get to complaining too much about how they fall apart all the time. I was racing new G1s around in the mid 80s, many G1 really are antiques.....and still going. Without doubt the best built cart ever, but nothing lasts forever especially when few people ever service them. I don't mean to be a jerk, just saying go check out any motorized toy with that many hours on it the same age and see what you find. The funny part is people are still selling them for over a grand here, and that is why I don't have one....too old a cart for that price IMO but people pay it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

i am now getting about 20 volts randomly out of brown wire directly from engine. i checked the white/green and red/white wires. they are both grounded all the time. could this mean the pulsar coil is bad? i just bought a whole stator assembly with charge and pulsar coil last night off ebay. should i also look for a cdi as well? thanks for the input.
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

use the cheep cdi on the sticky note at the top of the first page it will cost around $28.00 I did it and it works , but only if you need it a new CDI
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

I will check it out. I actually have a Chinese Atv and 3 suzuki atvs and an arctic cat snowmobile. I think they all have cdi. Should get parts from eBay in a few days and will see what happens then. Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the help.
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #17
taylorward5
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys! I need a little help, I don't have 350 ohms to the brown wire and my cart did run just fine, I washed it down the other night it's dry now and nothing for spark!

Looking for a little help, I suppose I need to start pulling the mag side cover off to see what's going on? Check the magneto source/charging coil

- Place the ohm meter lead on the brown wire. This should read about 350 ohms.

I did all the other tests and let look good other then this one. It reads nothing.
taylorward5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #18
mainewolfdog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My problem is the same. No fire. I went through your tests and the white/red and white/green remained open in either direction. What should I look at?
mainewolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha