lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not move

Great looking forum. About a month ago I parked my cart and went to move it today. Forward and reverse is on dash. I could hear the clicking and back up alert but cart would not move in either direction. Voltage meter indicated full voltage. What I noticed next is that the charger would not go into charge mode when plugged up. Any suggestions? I know my way around a refrigeration system and volt meter but yield to the more knowledgeable on these carts. Thanks.
crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not move

Anyone?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you have a PDS system.

What is the actual pack voltage at rest as well as when you press the accelerator?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What kind of voltage meter do you have and where are you taking your voltage readings from?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

I have an Greenlee auto sense. I will wheck the batteries tommorow. They are realtievely new in respect to time on them. I just found it odd that this condition was found AND the charger not working . Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow View Post
............ I just found it odd that this condition was found AND the charger not working ...........
Could be one problem:
Wet cell batteries self discharge, so they might have discharged below the low-voltage cut-off on the PDS controller, or they drop to it when a load is applied.
If you have an automatic type battery charger, it has to see a minimum voltage before it will turn on. (28-30V or something like that)

Or you might have two (or more) unrelated problems. In any case, measuring the battery pack voltage is the first step.

Attached is a chart showing Battery terminal voltage vs State of Charge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batterytable1118242f71.jpg (43.1 KB, 11 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When I hear 'we don't use the cart very often' the first thing that comes to my mind is neglected batteries.
Wet cell batteries loose 1% of their charge per day when left idle. The PDS system does have a small amount of drain on the battery system when parked. This drain is in addition to the static drain mentioned above. The owners manual states to flip the run/tow switch to the tow position when the cart is not to be used for any extended period of time.
Batteries left unused for 30 days need recharging before use and again after use.
Check the water levels and the voltage levels
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Could be one problem:
Wet cell batteries self discharge, so they might have discharged below the low-voltage cut-off on the PDS controller, or they drop to it when a load is applied.
If you have an automatic type battery charger, it has to see a minimum voltage before it will turn on. (28-30V or something like that)

Or you might have two (or more) unrelated problems. In any case, measuring the battery pack voltage is the first step.

Attached is a chart showing Battery terminal voltage vs State of Charge.
I tested 24V this morning. Can the 6 volt batteries be charged in groups of 2 with a 12V charger?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yes they can.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
crossbow
Not Yet Wild

Cool, thanks. I am doing that now in hopes the other charger will bring them up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO