lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Forward/reverse switch help

I am working on upgrading my cart and have come to a problem I can not figure out. I have replaced the cables, F/R switch, Controller (500 Alltrax), and solenoid. I wired everything per the wiring diagram I printed off online for the alltrax controller. I have checked and re-checked the wiring and can not figure out what I did wrong, everything looks correct. With the controller wired like the diagram with the small wires on top being 1-Red, 2-black, 3 white, and 4 orange the solenoid will click but the cart will not move in forward or reverse. I switched the white wire on the controller and the black wire on the controller and the cart runs great in forward and reverse but the F/R switch is backwards so when I put it in Forward it's actually in reverse and vice versa. I read somewhere to try swapping the B and D cables on the F/R switch so I did that and it went forward while in forward but only half speed and reverse was full speed. So I swapped everything back to the way it says on the wiring diagram and that's where I'm at now. In forward or reverse I just get the solenoid click and no movement either direction. HELP
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
bohuntr9
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward/reverse switch help

Just went through the same issue with mine. Switch the cables on the motor so that you have forward and reverse. Now....unhook the orange wire on top of the controller. That is 1/2 speed reverse/forward. You should have normal spped in both forward and reverse.....Problem should be solved.
bohuntr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, I had already done that and it was working but I really wanted to figure out what was going on so I called Alltrax. They had me go through several cable swaps and basically told me they had no idea what the problem could be so I hung up. I was standing there looking at it when I figured out that the linkage on the back of the F/R handle was at the bottom and I thought it should be at the top. So, I took off the handle, reversed the linkage to the top, and now I have full speed forward and 1/2 speed reverse and the F/R switch is in the correct position for both. What a nightmare but I'm glad it's working correctly now.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Thunderpumpkin
Not Yet Wild

holly hat!
i know what you mean. i am going through the same crap with my club car.
upgraded all the same stuff to 500amp . and now i only have reverse no forward???
Thunderpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Foot hill
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Posted on accident. Don't know how to remove. So just edited. Sorry
Foot hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO