lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Total loss of power during operation

now in your opinion with the problems im describing i have which or mulitple items could it be that you think?
dukehbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Total loss of power during operation

In my opinion, you ought to break out your DVM and start check the possibilities already listed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #13
ksmechwannab
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: Total loss of power during operation

Hello BGW - I really don't know if this is right spot to start, but... I figured I'd see where this takes me since it appears similar to my problem.
I don't think the solenoid is dropping out because it de-energizes after I release the pedal.
I have a 2004 TXT PDS with what appears to be intermittent power/operation - runs about 20-30 feet then stops, how-some-ever, on jack stands it runs great; go figure. I ran it for about 10 mins varying the speed.
Solenoid clicks and de-energizes after I release pedal when I do lose power.
Already replaced solenoid and ran it with a fresh set of batteries, but problem continues. No reed switch and no fault code. Resistor checks OK.
And, the motor has new brushes thinking it was a motor related problem at first since there are no fault codes other than the one beep.
I followed the trouble-shooting tree and came up with a bad motor (no 2.7 volts) just not sure if I was performing step correctly. Scary to have full pedal depression, and tire spinning when cart is off the round.
I'm stumped. Sorry if I ramble on to much. Thanks for any feedback!
ksmechwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO