lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default ever hear of a star car?

looks its a 48 volt cart with 8 six volt batteries in it , the charge receptical looks just like a 48 volt C.C. receptical......i have no power to front lights......rear lights work fine in fact all other lights work............can,t find any fuses anywhere and what i did find is it looks like the harness splits to feed seperate power for front and rear......headlight switch is a pull out type switch on the colume below steering wheel and in my humble opinion i think the switch is bad...........not 100% certain though .................anyone have any experience with these things? its a 2010 and the guy paid over 8 grand for it so i don,t just want to throw a pull switch on dash but if all else fails i will..............anyone???....................... ..............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: ever hear of a star car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
looks its a 48 volt cart with 8 six volt batteries in it , the charge receptical looks just like a 48 volt C.C. receptical......i have no power to front lights......rear lights work fine in fact all other lights work............can,t find any fuses anywhere and what i did find is it looks like the harness splits to feed seperate power for front and rear......headlight switch is a pull out type switch on the colume below steering wheel and in my humble opinion i think the switch is bad...........not 100% certain though .................anyone have any experience with these things? its a 2010 and the guy paid over 8 grand for it so i don,t just want to throw a pull switch on dash but if all else fails i will..............anyone???....................... ..............
found the following website for Star Carts www.apluscarts.com
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

http://www.starelectricvehicles.com/
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks guys he has the off road cart, got to look at it a bit and its quite impressive and supposed to get 60 miles between charges, one thing i did notice was when battery gage got to 1/2 charge cart lost 1/2 its power but good news is there are 2 dealers not far from me so i hope parts won,t be hard to get....................................
Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Shadowman don't those things have a Curtis controller with a programming port?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Shadowman don't those things have a Curtis controller with a programming port?
david yes they do.......................................
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Some basic info about Star carts. The published mileage is attained because they use 8 batteries at 6 volt each. Rear end: ALL parts listed for a Club Car with a Kawasaki rear end are identical. An axle from star take 4 weeks on a good dealer. The controller is an Alltrax. The front hubs, match Club Car. Brake shoes and hub match Club car kawasaki rear ends. Wiring is well hidden but at least it does not change color from one end to another. Lots of wires in a Club Car, start out one color and are spliced in the harness and come out the other end, a different color. The warranty on a Star is 2 years and warranty work is honored at some dealers and they are paid by JH in South Carolina for the work.

The Golf Cart Man
Raleigh, NC
rrgolfcart@bellsouth.net
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonduranth View Post
Some basic info about Star carts. The published mileage is attained because they use 8 batteries at 6 volt each. Rear end: ALL parts listed for a Club Car with a Kawasaki rear end are identical. An axle from star take 4 weeks on a good dealer. The controller is an Alltrax. The front hubs, match Club Car. Brake shoes and hub match Club car kawasaki rear ends. Wiring is well hidden but at least it does not change color from one end to another. Lots of wires in a Club Car, start out one color and are spliced in the harness and come out the other end, a different color. The warranty on a Star is 2 years and warranty work is honored at some dealers and they are paid by JH in South Carolina for the work.

The Golf Cart Man
Raleigh, NC
rrgolfcart@bellsouth.net
this cart had a curtis controller in it, had a dealer come out and look at it and he also confirmed it was a curtis controller???................................
Old 08-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
david yes they do.......................................
I thought they did because I'm almost certain I diagnosed some speed sensor failures on one of them before with our IQDM
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car