lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
taztoon
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Club Car Power issue

Hope someone can give me some direction. My 2002 club car 48V club car after years of reliable service decided about a month ago to cause issues. Symptoms. When I first drive after uncovering, all is fine for about 10-15 minutes and then it seems to lose power. It will go from a steady 15-20 MPH to barely creeping along. Batteries were replaced last year and motor was just replaced last week. After I put the new motor in, all seemed fine and after 15 minutes, it happened again. I sat on it for a minute and pushed the peddle and it seemed to want to go but just couldn't do it. Pushed 1/2 way home, about 2 blocks, jumped on and it would go around 5 MPH then die after some time would let me push peddle and it would a little. I decided to throw on charger and give a good one. Let it charge over night. Jumped on next morning and it would be about 10 MPH and after about 10 minutes it would start dying. Any guidance would be great. Thanks Brian
taztoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 Club Car Power issue

First you have to determine if the are truly good. Charge overnight and post the AM voltage for the whole pack... then test each battery to see if one is lower than thew others. Next connect the meter to the battery pack by clamps or tape and place the meter on the seat where you can drive and read it safely... what voltage readings are you getting when the cart starts to go slow?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
taztoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 Club Car Power issue

Will give that a try. Cart is at the beach. I'll post either Friday night or Saturday morning.
taztoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car