lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Default Frustrated and ready to quit....

I'm lost. I'm not mechanically inclined, but I follow directions (ESP good ones, thanx scottyB!) well enough...

I just finished re-wiring the whole cart. Solenoid upgraded, controller upgraded, FnR switch upgraded, cables upgraded. $900 later and the cart doesn't move....

I'm scared I did something like installed the resistor wrong or something? Should I try switching the diode or will it blow up the solenoid if I do that?
mattydub37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Frustrated and ready to quit....

You should be able to makes sense of this resistor and diode diagram below. But for testing just remove the diode and then see where the solenoid activation power stops.

P.S.
If you installed the diode backwards and tried to go it is possible you smoked the micro switch in the peddle box. The diode is marked with a white band on one end.... see diagram for polarity instruction... Do you have a handheld digital voltmeter for testing? ... report back.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

First....relax.....we all screw things up no matter how we are inclined......

Then, go back and double check all your work. Make sure the connections are tight and clean. Check the wires to ensure they match the schematic.

Did you make the harness? Are all the wire end connections good. Maybe use a meter to verify all the wires are good.

Do not just start changing things...that can be real bad.

Plenty of help here.....
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB....sorry about the mult threads...I'll stick to this one. Yes, the solenoid clicks. And yes I get 4 greens followed by solid yellow when throttle held down. I tried switching the fuse around but that didn't do anything. I checked all my connections and they're tight. I'm lost. I do have voltmeter but don't know what setting to use to test it! Lol. I'll try to post a photo of my wiring...
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
But for testing just remove the diode and then see where the solenoid activation power stops.... report back.
How do I test the solenoid activation power?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Have you tried swapping the white and black small wires on top of the controller? When I did all that to my cart the first time the solenoid would click when the peddle was pressed but it wouldn't move. Switch the white and black wires and all was good.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
Have you tried swapping the white and black small wires on top of the controller? When I did all that to my cart the first time the solenoid would click when the peddle was pressed but it wouldn't move. Switch the white and black wires and all was good.
Thanks for the idea bows layer...tried that and still nothin.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #8
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Ok I tried to follow along the manuals troubleshooting guide...I get to step 47 and don't get any voltage reading from the orange wire to the battery terminal....how do I fix that?!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
rib33024

I'am guessing this is a PDS cart, but it would help if you told us what were working on?? the only orange wire that comes to mind is the half speed wire for reverse.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #10
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

sorry....2005 NON pds. just upgraded to 400a controller package (solenoid, HD fnr switch, cables, etc) from ScottyB's place. Did all my wiring and now it won't move. Wondering if I have a smoked motor now? Not happy at all....this thing is worse than owning a boat!

pic of wiring attached - pretty sure I did the diode polarity correctly, right? solenoid clicks and like I said...no idea where the trouble is now...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1341227376
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (243.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO