lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Frustrated and ready to quit....

have you tried to jump the reed switch wire, red wire coming out of the back of the charger plug, hook that red wire straight to the + post on the battery, here's some info

The Reed switch is call an ignition interlock on the schematic. It is in the cart's charger receptacle.
Here's a picture with cover off. Should have B+ on small wire, if not jumper it to B+ on battery pack or some convenient location.
(All Reed switch does is prevents cart from being driven away when charger is plugged in. EZGO had so many problems with it, they bypassed it in later carts)

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #12
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Mine did this same thing when I upgraded. Turns out I didn't tighten nut B enough when I installed the h/d switch cam. I tightened that nut up about a turn, and presto, she was up and running. Give that a try?
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #13
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

ok just tried that and solenoid clicks but cart won't move.

thanks everyone I really do appreciate the helps! lost still...
mattydub37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Rocknrone - tried that too. All connections/nuts are tight. Still won't move.

Is there a way for me to check the motor? Do they just go bad? wouldn't it smoke or something?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #15
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
have you tried to jump the reed switch wire, red wire coming out of the back of the charger plug, hook that red wire straight to the + post on the battery,
RIB....is this what you mean? I opened my cover and here's what I've got...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1341230323

So then I removed the red wire and put it on the battery + with tape real quick but the cart won't move....is that right?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1341230381
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-2.JPG (241.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo-1.JPG (234.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #16
rib33024

no the red wire needs to stay where it was connected, there should be a plug on the red wire like in the pic i posted, unplug the wire and hook to pos on the battery, if no plug cut and hook to pos
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #17
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If the reed swich was bad the solenoid wouldnt click bud...A way to test the motor easily is as follows,,,,jack rear end of cart up...with key off put a jumper wire same size as your battery wires from the m- on the controller to your main battery negative...make sure its tight or it will arc, and make sure you have rear wheels all the way off the ground... turn key on and quickly depressed and release pedal, be careful, this bypasses everything and feeds all voltage directly to the motor so cart will take off full speed...if motor turns over your motors functioning properly!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #18
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
no the red wire needs to stay where it was connected, there should be a plug on the red wire like in the pic i posted, unplug the wire and hook to pos on the battery, if no plug cut and hook to pos
thanks Rib! Sorry to be a pain....I'm truly lost...what am I cutting, the red wire? I can't really see what's going on in that pic you posted...can you post the link to the thread again?

sorry guys, I do appreciate the helps...
Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #19
mattydub37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
If the reed swich was bad the solenoid wouldnt click bud...A way to test the motor easily is as follows,,,,jack rear end of cart up...with key off put a jumper wire same size as your battery wires from the m- on the controller to your main battery negative...make sure its tight or it will arc, and make sure you have rear wheels all the way off the ground... turn key on and quickly depressed and release pedal, be careful, this bypasses everything and feeds all voltage directly to the motor so cart will take off full speed...if motor turns over your motors functioning properly!
Camaro...can I just take the M- wire off or are you saying to use jumper cables like a car? I'm confused...I don't think I have any wires that are the same size as the upgraded 4g ones I just got from ScottyB!

**** - i'm almost ready to offer someone $500 to come help! anyone close to me in State College PA?! I have beer and a pretty wife!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #20
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

lol matty...no i meant a jumper wire like another battery cable...leave all wires connected just add jumper from M- to main battery negative
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO