lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
sschmidt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default no-hand polishing 1985 Club Car?

Bought this in 'sad' shape car and aluminum is nasty! bought some cleaner/polish and my 66 year old female hands/arms/fingers are about dead... can't afford buffers,/etc.... SO, besides machines and hurting myself, what must I do to see him 'shine' again?
sschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: no-hand polishing 1985 Club Car?

Aluminum Wheel Cleaner ,a Scrub-Brush,and some Rubber-Gloves.It will look brand-new in a few hours.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
sschmidt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

scrub brush.... that may make it easier. tks.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try this:

http://www.nevrdull.com/

I've used it for years on motorcycles, vehicles, and boats.

I don't know if site sponsors have it or not, but you might want to check their prices before purchasing it from a parts store.

Another choice is the Foam Power Balls that mount on drills and aren't too expensive. They can be found in the same area as the wax and polish products.

Hope this helps,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Nevr-Dull is Awesome,but it takes a lot of Elbow-Grease,Its' not as good now as it was in the 80's,they changed something in it.Mothers Polish works good too,its' a white paste,works pretty quick too.The Wheel-Cleaner is the best if there is grease/oil,etc..The polishes can be used after the metal is cleaned good.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My secret cleaner is SOS scrub pads, the kind with the blue soap and bleach in em... a little water and elbow grease and even the seats clean up with this stuff! Another trick for vinyl is paint thinner or such with a scrub pad but you have to work fast and follow with a clean cloth, like an old T shirt. Scrub with the thinner and you will see the grime lift off but you have to wipe it off before it dries and sticks again. Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

For Vinyl,Go to a Boat-Place and buy Star-Brite Vinyl Shampoo/Conditioner.This stuff is awesome.My boat had some nasty weathering,dirt,etc...Put some of the cleaner on a soft cloth and work it in,a cart seat would probably take less than 1/2 hr.to clean.It has UV-Protectors to keep the vinyl soft too.Westleys' White-Wall Cleaner works good on really nasty seats,same for Simple-Green,but not as good as Westleys'.Follow with the Vinyl-Cleaner after to help protect them.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
sschmidt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: no-hand polishing 1985 Club Car?

tks. to all....
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
For Vinyl,Go to a Boat-Place and buy Star-Brite Vinyl Shampoo/Conditioner.This stuff is awesome.My boat had some nasty weathering,dirt,etc...Put some of the cleaner on a soft cloth and work it in,a cart seat would probably take less than 1/2 hr.to clean.It has UV-Protectors to keep the vinyl soft too.Westleys' White-Wall Cleaner works good on really nasty seats,same for Simple-Green,but not as good as Westleys'.Follow with the Vinyl-Cleaner after to help protect them.
Looks like I'm going to have to put some Star-Brite Vinyl Shampoo/Conditioner in my arsenal. Thanks Pachanga
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shine old aluminum?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car