lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default HD solenoid install

I hope everybody is doing good. I'm finally upgrading stock Albright solenoid sw80-1035p to a 4 post 400 amp full time 1000 amp peak super hd solenoid. I guess I got lucky that my 500 fsip controller didn't burn it up. I've got a pq bandit and 2 gauge cables. My question, is it pretty much a straight fwd swap? Small yellow wire to front small post then the other small red wire to the other small right front post. There's another red small wire with big lug that goes to right big post the replace the other main 2 gauge just as they are now. Then theres a fuse? Wire that just goes between main post. I didn't get the install bracket I figured I'd make my own. I'm also curious if this new hd solenoid will improve performance etc, it was the weakest link.
Thanks for any input.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD solenoid install

It is a straight swap electrically. The 400/100 solenoid is bigger. The mounting footprint is wider on the big solenoid and the high amperage terminal studs are larger than stock. (3/8ths studs)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scotty, thanks for the reply. I guess I can drill new holes to adapt or make stand off mount like the ones that you can buy. Also I have enough edge distance on my 2 gauge lugs to open up to 3/8 or they might already be 3/8. So I wonder like in previous post if the stock Albright solenoid was holding the controller performance back? On the Albright site it looks like the amperage is 100 and peak higher. I kinda think 400 all the time would allow faster response torque etc. my prob is my 25" super scampers, I got a deal on them that's the only reason I have them. I would be happy with 23". I wonder how long my Bandit will last, I already think the windings? Are going out cause I get leakage through to the frame.
steve
Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not certain the solenoid is going to give a boost to the setup but is definitely better suited for the job... Heck 70 amps was stock so 100 is no big upgrade, 400 should do the job all day long.

Careful playing with a sepex motor that may be going out, often they take the controller with them. So if you think your motor is failing ship it off to PQ and ask them to take a look at it.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scotty, it's a series cart, 03 48 volt Ds. Thanks, Steve
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Scotty, it's a series cart, 03 48 volt Ds. Thanks, Steve
Sorry, I confused this with another thread... still possible, have that motor checked out if you think it is going south.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I need to just bite the bullet and get the Assassin from P Q, when you see guys like me upgrading the money is better spent upgrading for the future, from the beginning. The Bandit was good at 1st but now I'm pulling 25" in this Ga mud etc. thanks, Steve
Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I know, I try to stay clear of the clay here... the crap is like glue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car