lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New batteries still sluggish

erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok so now the thing to do is get on drive it 100 ft get off lift seat and see if the resistor coil for reagan brakingb is glowing red........if so its either sensor or solenoid for reagan braking.............this does happen to them have seen it 100 times thats why i asked about F&R ............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Update on sluggish cart:

Picked cart up today, now it doesn't run at all. Solenoid doesn't even click when pedal is pressed. Charging batteries right now. The guy at the local cart sales gave up on it. So I took it to another place & he wouldn't touch it, saying take everything off it you've added & scrap it! My heart dropped! He said all the regen systems 1998 48v are dying out & will need a total rewire.
I DON'T KNOW......
Before I "scrap it" I'm gonna start at the key switch & work my way back. I know this is hard to troubleshoot online but any help would be welcomed! Here is a history of the problem.

This goes back a few months but it might be related. But every now & then you could hit the accelerator pedal & nothing would happen. Pump the pedal again & it would run.

Here we go:
Took cart off a all night charge & went for a 15 minute ride while on vacation, all was fine. Got off for an hour, then back on again. But, now the cart starts slow (like starting your car off on 2nd gear). But it gained speed fine after the very slow start. Took to the campground golf cart shop. They said without keeping the cart for 24 or so hours checking things the 7 year old batteries probably are the problems. So they installed new Trojans. Charged up & the problem was still there.
Got home & put in local shop. He thought 1st was the V-Glide was bad, but didn't replace it. Then he thought it could be a Solenoid, didn't change that either. Then he thought the controller was bad. Didn't have a spare to try out. NOW the cart won't run at all.

Please help!!!
Ronnie
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
eagant5
Getting Wild

Club Car

I would try and get a repair manual to help walk you through diagnosing the problem. There are some wiring diagrams stickied in this section, I would find the one for your cart and that should help you also. I don't see no reason why you should have to "scrap the cart" unless it turns out to be something that costs more then you feel the cart is worth. Seems like the people you took it too were just guessing and not diagnosing the problem.
eagant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ronnie, since your having a cart shop do this heres my opinion stop take a deep breath and find a shop in your area that knows what the hell they are doing,try stopping at local golf courses and ask them who does their work and then if you find a shop ask them for references, i have to say the places you took it to sounds like they have no idea about golfcarts even though reagan carts can be a challange if they are in the repair business they should be able to figure this out...........at this point i have no clue as to what might be going on cause i don,t know what they did or didn,t do but from your 1st post i stand by my assumption that the problem was in the reagan system somewhere...........take your time finding the right shop and good luck with it.......i wish i were closer to you i,d love to get my hands on it and figure it out..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks eagant6 & shadowman for the info & help. I'm gonna mess with it myself with help from a friend. I'll keep everyone updated. I just can't believe the cart is no good.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniek View Post
Thanks eagant6 & shadowman for the info & help. I'm gonna mess with it myself with help from a friend. I'll keep everyone updated. I just can't believe the cart is no good.
The cart is still good, trust me. You just need to find a CC dealer that knows how to fix it! Or better yet fix it yourself...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
The cart is still good, trust me. You just need to find a CC dealer that knows how to fix it! Or better yet fix it yourself...
I agree, thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #19
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

One thing no one has mentioned is have you tried the brushes in the motor? would give a sluggish throttle respose, springs would be stronger when everthing is cool.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
One thing no one has mentioned is have you tried the brushes in the motor? would give a sluggish throttle respose, springs would be stronger when everthing is cool.
Thanks, I'm gonna start working on it Tuesday.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car