lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
msjeep4x4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery question

I bought 6 brand new batteries in December of 2011. One of the negative leads came loose and melted the post on one of the batteries. My brother gave me a battery out of his cart to use until i can get another one. my question is can i put a 5 year old battery in a pack with 5 brand new batteries? will it affect anything? is it safe? also is there a way to fix the melted terminal on the other battery?
msjeep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery question

Here is how to fix terminal: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/batte...nal-repair.php

If you can't fix the original battery, it would be best to replace it with a used battery identical to the rest and about the same age.
Second best would be a new battery the same make and model.

If you use a 5 year old battery, the rest of you pack will soon be five years old and at or near the end of their useful life.

If you use a new battery, the new battery will soon match the five that are going on a year old and will need to be replaced when they are replaced.

Using your brother's five year old battery probably won't hurt the rest too much if you don't use the cart much and fix/replace the broken battery soon.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging issues, ezgo, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO