lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: HELP!!!! Stalled cart

Just another thought as johnnieb said...if your solenoid isnt clicking, try putting your head to the floorboard where your feet would go and with the key off slowly pressing down the accel pedal...you should hear a faint click shortly after starting to press pedal down...if not you may have popped the pedal box microswitch...good luck and keep us posted!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

awesome...thanks for the how to camaro...all the tips and tricks i def need...i am super novice
pier252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just got to check it out....Apparently the solenoid was clicking and i was just to distraught to hear it...when i put my head by the battery pack and pushed the pedal its beyond evident to hear...I have voltage at the main bettery terminals with a reading of 39 (this is my first time using a multimeter and im not sure if i was even near the right setting)...signs point to controller now?

as stated i am a rookie at all of this and only know what i know because of this site. The controller is sealed in the black case under the passenger correct? i began pulling the bolts out of the housing so i could get into it and see what was there but am having some issues getting the last two out due to the minimal amount of room to get to everything...
Old 09-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #14
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

correct controller is in that sealed black cover...the bottom two bolts can be a hastle to get to without the right size extension..
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Also, if the cover has never been off, it will be stuck to the heat sink. Work around it with something like a putty knife to get it unstuck without damaging it.

Sounds like you are doing okay with your voltmeter. If it has selectable ranges, turn it down one notch so you can read the battery pack voltage down to a tenth of a volt. (IE: 38.2V)
Individual battery voltages should be given down to a hundredth of a volt. (IE: 6.37V)

Be very careful using tool around the batteries and under the seat in general. The battery pack has the potential of arc welding.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That makes me feel better that i was in the ball park...when i do get that good ol black box off how do i check the controller?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You said the solenoid is clicking. That means the problem is in the High Current circuit.

First, lift rear wheels off ground so the cart doesn't run over you if it suddenly decides to start working.

On top of the controller, there will be three or four heavy terminals with heavy cables attached to them.
Locate the marked B- and the one marked M-.
Attach your negative DVM test lead to the one marked B- and the positive test lead to the one marked M-.
With Key ON and F/R selector in either F or R, press throttle pedal until solenoid clicks.

You should read full battery pack voltage.
If not, there is a problem in the cables or F/R switch.

If you do get full battery pack voltage, slowly press throttle pedal to floor.
Voltage should smoothly decrease to zero.
If not, either the throttle is bad or the controller is bad.
Considering that the cart failed while climbing a hill, the controller is most likely bad.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks alot ...will be checking tonight
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sooo it is the controller....What kind do i need guys?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With those 23" tires, you might want to go to a 500A controller.

You'll also have to upgraqde solenoid, F/R switch and cables to handle the amps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO