lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

Default Front leaf spring sag on 97 DCS?

I am putting the finishing touches on my first cart project. Upgrades include hd rear leaf springs, 6" jakes spindle lift on 22's, 48v system with 2 ga cables, dcx 400 controller, and a fine looking sponge cameo job. Future upgrades include disc brakes, brush guard with winch, and a clay basket. Now for my question, the front end seems a little spongy and the addition of the rear hd springs have the rear end jacked up a little compared to the front. Is the fact that the front springs are 15 years old causing this or will I have to go with hd springs in the front to level the cart up? Or will new standard springs fix the problem? Keep in mind that my future upgrades include added weight up front but I don't know how much weight exactly. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will also try to post some pictures of my new hunting rig.
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front leaf spring sag on 97 DCS?

A few things here,Adding the HD springs to the rear,will transfer weight to the softer front-spring(by stiffening the rear and raising it at the same time due to stiffer springs,it will transfer weight to the front),Being 15yrs.old,doesn't help either.If you plan to add more weight to the cart,including the front,go with the HD-Front.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front leaf spring sag on 97 DCS?

FWIW,

I have a 1998 TXT Series and upgraded both back and front leaf springs to HD and am happy with them. I have a rear flip seat and added two additional batteries under the seat. Rides fine with one to four passengers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO