lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Controller help please!!!

Hey guys... im needing some suggestions on what controller to get for my 97 txt lifted with 23' tires....havent heard anything on my other thread entitled HELP below this on which one to look at purchasing...hoping this will drum up some new interest...and possibly some help so i can order asap
pier252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller help please!!!

Since you didn't say, I'm going to assume you have a series cart. If you're going to run those big tires everything needs to be heavy duty. From the F&R to the cables. The solenoid and controller too. If you're going to stay with the 36 volt system, a 400 amp controller, at least, is called for. If you opt for a 48 volt system, then jump to 500 amps.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

My interest in helping ceased when you effectively said your intentions were to invest as little as possible into this cart and pass its problems along to some unknowing person unfortunate enough to buy it from you.

Personally I believe there are only three options.
1. Sell it "as is" with full disclosure
2. Fix it right and sell it for whatever the market will bear.
2. Fix it right and keep it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Google alltrex.. Get there number and call them ... Tell them what you have and they will help you ... They are good to work with...
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Chloe and SMS thanks for the help....

Johnnieb....... From what i said im not sure how you got that i was out to screw someone...price was never mentioned nor was how it was going to be advertised...I actually have it sold to one of my friends who wanted it before the controller problem and still wants it even with the issue...i had priced it to him around grand less than what i have in it and the price didnt change when i messed it up and made him wait to get it until i fix it....

I said i didnt want to dump a whole lot of money into it because it is priced so low and he will have more than ample room to upgrade what he wants with what he wants...

That being said, neither will i buy the cheapest p.o.s. controller out there i can find just to make it roll...im going to buy a quality controller that will be best for the cart...

Unfortunate hardly describes it.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier252 View Post
Johnnieb....... From what i said im not sure how you got that i was out to screw someone...price was never mentioned nor was how it was going to be advertised...I actually have it sold to one of my friends who wanted it before the controller problem and still wants it even with the issue...i had priced it to him around grand less than what i have in it and the price didnt change when i messed it up and made him wait to get it until i fix it....

I said i didnt want to dump a whole lot of money into it because it is priced so low and he will have more than ample room to upgrade what he wants with what he wants...

That being said, neither will i buy the cheapest p.o.s. controller out there i can find just to make it roll...im going to buy a quality controller that will be best for the cart...

Unfortunate hardly describes it.
Sorry, I must have somehow misinterpreted this statement you posted in the other thread.
I'm glad to hear I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier252 View Post

i am actually going to sell it the second i get it back up and running and buy a 48v newer in years to play with... and i dont want to dump a ton of money into it knowing im going to be putting a sign on her within the next couple weeks...suggestions?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I sort of read it the same way, a lot is lost over the internet at times. That being said my suggestion to both of you is this:
Give your friend a credit towards a rebuilt control and let him add to it to buy the best controller combo available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The more I read it the more I can see how it sounded. My apologies.

I guess I will just do that. It's just against my nature to sell someone somthing that doesn't work lol....but by putting another controller on it and then letting somthing else blow out I guess is just as bad. Thanks again guys. And my bad again.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
damone
Not Yet Wild

Man, I never knew you could put 23-ft tires on a cart, or a car for that matter :-)
damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
pier252
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guess that's the reason my controller blew! Haha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO