lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Step by step test procedure for cc?

I have worked on several ezgo carts and have access to several step by step test procedures to go thru but is there any for the CC? I have been looking and reading but I havent stumbled onto one yet. I have read that CC keeps the manuals on lock down.

I am working on a 99 series (a991 cart for a friend. At this point, the charger does not come on and i get nothing when mashing the pedal. It is a 36v cart and the battery pack is at 47-48 volts. Just looking for a procedure to follow and test step by step. I havent really looked into it yet but I know I have 47 volts at the solenoid but no click and no voltage on other side of solenoid.

Will a 36v solenoid from an ezgo work in the CC?

JB
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Step by step test procedure for cc?

a solenoid is a solenoid as long as its same voltage.......if you have a 36 volt charger thats not working and a cart not running you have more than 1 problem i think......is the fuse under the seat for the charge receptical good? it sits right on top a glass window with a thin wire running thur it....that will keep charger from working however i am not 100% certain it will keep cart from running.....it might i can,t remember...............if fuse is good then jack rear up and try jumping large post on solenoid see if cart runs if it does you found cart problem then i would try charger on another cart see if it works if not then its in charger somewheres........................................ ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Are you sure it is not a 48 volt cart cuz 47 volt pack sounds high for 36 volt batteries.
And 47 volts would be very low for a 48 volt system and if it is 48 volts then I think battery charge is the problem.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well that is a great question. My friend said it was 36 and I assumed with 6 batteries it was but could it be 6 8volt batteries? How to tell? No markings on the batteries.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just read the obc label and it says:
21065-1 lester electrical
Use only with club car power drive battery charger on 48 vdc (24 cell)battery system
Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

2 volts per cell and so you could count the fill holes and multiply by two to get battery voltage. 8 volt bats have four fill holes.

It definitely soulds like a 48 volt cart.

So, next I would try to see if the charger works on another 48 volt cart and if it does then the problem is in the cart and if it doesn't then the charger probably needs some new parts.

Another way if you do not have access to another cart is to bypass the OBC and then see if the charger kicks on.

If you have access to another known good charger for 48 volt cc, you could try that on the cart and if it goes on your charger needs fixin.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't have access to another 48 club car. How to bypass/test?

Also four fill caps per battery so yep it's 48v
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Also, this is assuming your charger is for 48 volt system cuz if you have a 36 volt charger that is a problem. I am also assuming the cart was charging normally and all of a sudden wouldn't correct
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Correct this is the charger that was with it. Story I got was that everything worked and then nothing.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

The charger probably has a fuse can you make sure it is good? Also, what kind of charger is it? Maybe a powerdrive?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car