lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
clyde220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Simple man Battery Question

I've read every battery post on here and I appreciate all the research everyone does for the answers. I guess what I'm looking for is a simple answer to a commonly asked question. Will a set of 3 Trojan T 1275's last long enough for a round of golf and the 1 mile round trip to the course. I'm not a flashy cart man, just one that needs to play golf with his cart.
clyde220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
clyde220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Simple man Battery Question

Just a yes or no, I'm planning on saving up for a full set of t 105's but someone is going to give me the 1275's until then.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the 1275s are in good shape I don't see any reason why they would not work. Yes they will not have the runtime but for free.... Don't know the course but guessing your total travel would be about 10 miles. I have done exactly this on a few carts in the past because I had the same kind of deal and they work fine for what they wanted. I just cut a 2X6 in pieces to replace where the 6 batteries would normally go and sat the 1275s on top. Then I made some hold down brackets with threaded rod and some angle iron to keep it all in place.

my 2 cents
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
clyde220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input and hold down suggestion. I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Very interesting !! I've been thinking about this also, as I do a lot of very short runs and charging a lot is no problem. How about letting us know how it works... RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just looked up the T1275's and the weight is listed at 82lbs. The 6V Trojans are 72lbs. This means you will have just a bit more than half the run time the 6V's would give you! If you're playing a 36 hole round and a mile on top of that, you're pushing it! This will depend on the condition of the course, soft-hard, hills, hard cart paths and the way you will go home, paved road, field, etc. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What he said.. Capacity is lower but so is weight. 246lbs for the 3 12s vs 432lbs for the 6s.. 186lbs lighter..

Give it a shot, may work for what you want, may not.. but the cost is right
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The weight saving is 60 pounds less than 186 pounds.
A T-105 weighs 62 Lbs. (It's the T-145 that weighs 72 Lbs)
A T-1275 weighs 82 Lbs.

-----------
Mathematically, 3 x T-1275 stores about 2/3 the energy of 6 x T-105, but due the the nutty way batteries work under load, the run-time won't be much more than half, like simpleman stated.

So the simple answer to clyde220's question is that three T-1275s will probably power your cart to the course, 18 holes and then back home.
Like getting good gas mileage in a car, the secret to long run-time is a light foot on the throttle.

-----------

FWIW: Six T-1275 in series/parallel (Two sets of three connected in series, connected in parallel) will give you more run-time than six T-145's.

Basically you would have a 340AH 36V battery pack rather than a 260AH 36V battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well.....all I can tell you if you ask me to play with ya....you will never make it thru 18 holes of golf.

You may think.....is that because Dave hit's the ball so far.....and so straight that the ball actually fly's beyond the green? Not only on par 3's and 4's...but even off the tee on the par 5's?

No....it's because the words "hook" and "slice" were invented not for just men in the meat packing industry.

We would be driving up and down fairways (in my case.....the heavy grass part) so often looking for my ball, that by hole 4, your cart will be screaming for forgivness.

These things happen.

This is why my cart is built for hunting. No screaming......well....maybe a little....

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well.....all I can tell you if you ask me to play with ya....you will never make it thru 18 holes of golf.

You may think.....is that because Dave hit's the ball so far.....and so straight that the ball actually fly's beyond the green? Not only on par 3's and 4's...but even off the tee on the par 5's?

No....it's because the words "hook" and "slice" were invented not for just men in the meat packing industry.

We would be driving up and down fairways (in my case.....the heavy grass part) so often looking for my ball, that by hole 4, your cart will be screaming for forgivness.

These things happen.

This is why my cart is built for hunting. No screaming......well....maybe a little....

Dave
I didn't give consideration for ball hunting! Thanks! You posted a very good point! If it were me playing, they'd have to have charging stations every 9 holes!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO