lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: How do I program my new Alltrax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I am just saying that you run the risk of the bandit underperforming on those larger wheels due to torque. There are better motor options than the bandit in my opinion. I make that opinion from what I have read from other who have bandits, the reviews are mainly positive but mixed. Have heard only good about the executioner.

Better off spending 600 now as opposed to 300 now and 600 later.
I totally agree! It won't be today but I'm definitely going Executioner when I order the motor! THEN I'll be a "Grizzly"! haha

It's not that I don't want to go over 25mph, it's just that I wasn't expecting or hoping for anything beyond that with the 500amp controller. But I only reached about 22mph with it.

Sounds like with the 6" lift, 23's, 500amp Alltrax and a PQ Executioner motor, I'll be pretty happy with speed AND torque! Can't wait. But, shhhh, don't tell my wife!
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I program my new Alltrax?

Program the DCX control with a USB to 9 pin Serial cable. You can find this cable and driver at Radio shack or any computer store. Club Car does have a throttle program problem, not all years and models but enough, have a 1-6k throttle operating range which is called 0-5k. This has leaves the Alltrax (0-5k) not reading the complete throttle signal and not going to full power. If this is your problem you will notice your LED is not turning orange at WOT, see your mini manual for LED code explanation. Either way if you are not getting more torque and speed from your Sepex motor controller upgrade you might be having this problem. Call Alltrax Tech support for the MAP.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Here is the hex file to upload to the controller to get 100% throttle, but although I noticed the controller reading full output I did not realize any performance difference. But my starts were very jerky.

I ended up going back to inductive throttle with the throttle up rate at 2-3 to smooth out the jerky starts.

A new MCOR fixed the jerky starts and I am back using the Hex5 map for full throttle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clubcar5.HEX.zip (256 Bytes, 0 views)
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Scottyb, Can I check that orange light without jacking up the cart and spinning the tires in the air? I mean, can I check that by turning the key on but not putting it in forward and read the light code? Or does it have to be in a specific set up? Like "run" postition, F position, wheels off ground, throttle wide open, etc. How do I test that exactly?

Speed, thanks for the download. I don't know much about this mapping stuff. But I am guessing you do and you know I've got the Alltrax 500 with a CC Precedent, stock motor and you're saying that download is the specific download I need? Do I have that correct, sir?

Thank you AGAIN for all of your help. I feel like I'm getting there. I think tomorrow, after getting that cable, talking to Alltrax, making some adjustments, etc. I might have this thing figured out.

7CLUB
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I have the DCX500 on my cart and I have already experienced everything you have so far and are about to encounter when programming. You can contact Alltrax but they are going to send the same HEx file or maybe a slightly upgraded one.

One thing to note is that if you are going to get an Executioner, you will want to make sure you have the proper field map installed, so make sure you talk to Ronnie about that at Plum Quick.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Also, you can monitor throttle response when you hook up your laptop using the Alltrax software and drive down the road.

Otherwise you would have to observe the amber light when you are driving, that might be hard depending on your setup.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Speedchaser,

When I open that link it takes me to Jzip or whatever but there is no file listed in the box. I have downloaded ControllerPro 39 from Alltrax and that opens on my laptop from that same screen but I'm not seeing any content from your link even though it shows 256mb. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm really feeling like a beginner now... geez...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I think you are right, something is wrong with that attachment, I will se what I can do. This is posted in other threads though if you do a search.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, thanks for saying that. I was starting to think I'd lost it. No worries. I downloaded ControllerPro and I'm going to call Alltrax in the morning and run down to Radioshack and get the cable and driver. I'll be lucky if I can sleep tonight because of wanting to get to this!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Scottyb,

When I bought this controller from you was it already preprogrammed for my CC Precedent or did you program it according to our conversation? OR... is it in a generic form right now and still needs to be programmed by me after install?

Which of those is the case here, my friend?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car