lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
jledwrd2
Not Yet Wild

Default Freedom Chip

Just got a freedom Chip for my Cart and love the top in speed I get on flat ground but my cart is still sluggish going up some longer hills. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
jledwrd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Freedom Chip

Larger cables, higher voltage, larger controller and bigger batteries. Those are all items that contribute to available power on hills with the controller being the most influential. Freedom mode does nothing more than raise the rpm limit and turn off regenerative braking. None of the modes provide any more torque than the others.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If you want about 18MPH going up long hills and about 24MPH on level ground with stock height tires, install an Altrax DCX400 controller, 200A solenoid and new high current cables that are at least 4Ga.

Adding a seventh 6V battery for a 42V system will up the top speed to about 28MPH.

With a DCX500 controller and an aftermarket motor running on 42V, I get about 20MPH going up hills the used to slow me down to about 12mph in PDS freedom mode. Not sure what top speed is since I don't spin the motor faster than 6500RPM.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If you want about 18MPH going up long hills and about 24MPH on level ground with stock height tires, install an Altrax DCX400 controller, 200A solenoid and new high current cables that are at least 4Ga.

Adding a seventh 6V battery for a 42V system will up the top speed to about 28MPH.

With a DCX500 controller and an aftermarket motor running on 42V, I get about 20MPH going up hills the used to slow me down to about 12mph in PDS freedom mode. Not sure what top speed is since I don't spin the motor faster than 6500RPM.
Do they make 42V battery chargers? Did you have to buy a new charger when you added the 7th battery?
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes and yes.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Do they make 42V battery chargers? Did you have to buy a new charger when you added the 7th battery?
The 42V charger I have can be upgraded to a 48V charger if I want to go to 48V at a later date. (Replace the 42V PC Board with a 48V PC Board)
Also, it float charges after the regular charge cycle completes.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom chip, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO